Whyme

Silver Member
Aug 22, 2007
Western New York
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Retired on April 4th and I'm loving it! Time to do things I want! Been metal detecting a lot. Here's the finds from my last 3 hunts. One is a bucket lister that was high on my list!

Went to one of my honey holes and it produced as always. Found a lot of wheats and then found this 1911 Barber.

BarberObvSm.jpg BarberRevSm.jpg

Next day went to the spot I found the old militia button by the creek and found this Canadian one cent from 1886.

20190412_152249.jpg 20190412_152203.jpg

Then yesterday I went back to the creek spot. Set myself up and started moving. All metal mode and I was getting iron signals left and right. Then I got a solid 24 on the Nox. Dug it up and got this!

MyFirstSeatedSm.jpg MyFirstSeatedRevSm.jpg

My first seated! I dug this in the first hole of the day! She's old and tarnished but she's beautiful to me! I had the goal of finding my first seated this year and I did it already! 1853! Then it started raining so I quit and went home a happy man! Going back today gridding the place.

Upvote 33
OP
OP
Whyme

Whyme

Silver Member
Aug 22, 2007
Western New York
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice, western ny has some decent goodies and has been kind to me. You should do well in your retirement. Congratulations on the seated

Thanks! Yep WNY has some interesting history. I'd love to find a War of 1812 camp.

3 great coins! The Canadian Cent is unique and a Seated with arrows is a great find! Congrats

Thanks! I find lots of Canadian coins where I'm at. I'm still stoked that I found a seated!

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice seated! Congrats on the goal!... I found my first two last year. Believe it or not I'm still trying to find a Barber dime!!!! Haha.

OP
OP
Whyme

Whyme

Silver Member
Aug 22, 2007
Western New York
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice seated! Congrats on the goal!... I found my first two last year. Believe it or not I'm still trying to find a Barber dime!!!! Haha.

Thanks! I found 3 Barber quarters and a bunch of Mercs but no Barber dime. Mary got one where I got the quarters so I was on the hunt for a Barber dime, no luck. So I got a new piece of detecting equipment, think it was a pouch, and went to test it out on my lawn. 9 wheats later I got my first Barber dime right on my property! You'll get yours where you least expect it. :icon_thumleft:

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your retirement and some nice coins.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice old coin shooting! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Whyme

Whyme

Silver Member
Aug 22, 2007
Western New York
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Equinox 800