10 Years Age Progression

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A huge amount of people worldwide go missing each year, but it's always great when you read about a missing person being found, even tho you may or may not be the family members or friend of the missing person, today's media coverage let's you be right there with the details of whats going on, much more personal than before the internet.
Even tho an inanimate object like a ring is not a living person, when a piece of jewelry goes missing, the sentimental and emotional feelings a person has about that and the person whom it belonged to can take on the feelings of it being a living thing.
The story of this missing ring started ten yrs ago when the pictured lady's husband was mowing grass and it came off. They searched off and on to no avail and her husband passed away a few yrs later. Late Nov. of 2018 I got in touch with her and went out to search only to find frozen ground. She wasn't quite sure of the metal type either white gold or silver. She had an old picture of it when it was new (1st pic) and I thought ok well I will look for both metal ID's and ignore everything else. It has 4 small diamonds on it and I thought it was white gold cos' not too many people put diamonds in silver settings but there are some that do. I took some notes on signals I got and we decided to search again in the spring. Today I grid searched the area where she remembered him saying he was when the ring came off. I had to clear quite a bit of junk to get thru as I wasn't sure how far down the ring may have settled over the years but I did have a number I was looking for on the MXT from past searches. The soil was black as coal and silty but the ground was damp and easy to dig. As I swept the coil I got a repeatable, sharp and short signal +12 with a reading about 3" deep and decided to dig. As I was pinpointing, the signal kept saying I'm here plz find me! Moving dirt to the side of the hole I saw a silver object with nice contrast against the soil shining back at me happily that it was soon to be free from it's entombment.
I waved for her to come to the back and I have never seen a person run so fast! She looked down into the hole and pulled the ring from the earth and looked at me and no words were needed as to how thrilled she was! So after 10yrs the rings rhodium coating got dulled a bit as can be seen in the pics, but other than that it was in great shape. As I was packing and cleaning my gear it was nice to listen to her call her friends and family members announcing that the spirit of this very sentimental ring and family member was reunited with it's loving family.....back where it belonged!
Jon

RFfhllzWhtAuNew4-13-19.jpg RFfhllzWhtAuVfront4-13-19.jpg RFfhllzWhtAuVside4-13-19.jpg RFfhllzWhtAuAsIs4-13-19.jpg RFfhllzWhtAuGround4-13-19.jpg RFfhllzWhtAuC4-13-19.jpg RFfhllzWhtAuCrop2 4-13-19.jpg RFfhllzWhtAuNess4-13-19.jpg

Upvote 37
OP
OP
teleprospector

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
teleprospector

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Jon, this was both a great story and save. Congrats to you for the find and return of this precious family heirloom. I know this meant the world to this lady in having this ring back. Well Done sir.

OP
OP
teleprospector

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jon, this was both a great story and save. Congrats to you for the find and return of this precious family heirloom. I know this meant the world to this lady in having this ring back. Well Done sir.
Thank You devldog! Yes her and the family were very excited and thankful!
Jon :occasion14: :headbang:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honorable mention if I've ever seen one great story I have Letter on my profile same kinda thing great feeling your a good man and great read Well done. Tommy

Reanm8er

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2018
Shenandoah Valley Va
Detector(s) used
WW2 Mine Detector, 2 Garrets and an Underwater Fisher (Older Machines)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story Jon and good job!

A broad smile on a lady's face is a treasure all to it's self!

Best wishes.

OP
OP
teleprospector

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
teleprospector

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
teleprospector

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honorable mention if I've ever seen one great story I have Letter on my profile same kinda thing great feeling your a good man and great read Well done. Tommy
Thank you A2coins Tommy!

OP
OP
teleprospector

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
teleprospector

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story Jon and good job!

A broad smile on a lady's face is a treasure all to it's self!

Best wishes.
Thank you Reanm8er!

OP
OP
teleprospector

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread