Back To The 1853 Site - CZ3D Not Bothered With EMI

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went back to the 1853 site early this morning. I started off in the front yard close to the front of the house using my CTX 3030. In less than 5 minutes I had a 1944 Washington quarter treed. It was right next to the tree and I just barely got a slight high tone when I swung close to the tree. I had to cock the search coil at an angle to lock on to the target.

About 10 feet away from where I found the quarter I got a good crisp high tone. I dug down around 7 inches or so and popped out a 1898 Barber dime. I was on a roll. I swung the CXT for another 2 hours or so in the front yard but I didn't find anything worth digging, so I headed for the backyard. This particular back yard has awful EMI and gave my Deus and Nox fits on the previous hunt. They were chatter boxes and after trying different settings I finally gave up.

Well my CTX did a lot better than the Deus and the Nox, but it was still not running smoothly, so after about 30 minutes I decided to switch to my Gold Bug Pro with the 5" x 10" search coil attached. I went over the area just in front of the house first to see how it could handle the nails. It found me a couple of wheat pennies before I decide to head for the backyard with it.

Once in the backyard, the GBP ran pretty good, but it wasn't a smooth ride. It handled the EMI about the same or maybe a little better than the CTX did. I only had one detector left in my SUV, the Fisher CZ3D, so I went and grabbed it and headed for the backyard with it.

I was totally amazed that the CZ3D didn't chatter a single time. I dug several clad coins with it before getting my search coil a real funky audio response. I was getting high tones and mid-tones. I dug down around 7 inches or so and popped a 1954 Washington quarter. I checked hole again and found a nickel in the dirt pile. It pays to dig those iffy signals.

tabman

Attachments

• IMG_0617.JPG
    IMG_0617.JPG
    782.5 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0618.JPG
    IMG_0618.JPG
    353.4 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0619.JPG
    IMG_0619.JPG
    753.3 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0620.JPG
    IMG_0620.JPG
    279.3 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0621.JPG
    IMG_0621.JPG
    795.4 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0622.JPG
    IMG_0622.JPG
    266 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0623.JPG
    IMG_0623.JPG
    448.9 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0626.JPG
    IMG_0626.JPG
    267 KB · Views: 44
Upvote 18
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sweet silver, congrats! :icon_thumleft:

Reanm8er

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2018
Shenandoah Valley Va
Detector(s) used
WW2 Mine Detector, 2 Garrets and an Underwater Fisher (Older Machines)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Tabman and great info. I'm considering buying a new detector and definitely need a machine that can ground balance in high iron areas.

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent hunt. You are pulling some nice finds from the old place. No telling what else is still there. Must be a good feeling saving all that history from that yard. Keep 'em piling up. Congrats!

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crushed it Tab!!!

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt and nice finds. My Atmax has 4 frequencies I've detected a couple spots where I've had to run through all of them to no avail. I'd lose my mind if I needed to use that arsenal of detectors but you prevailed! Congrats!

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds Tabman and great info. I'm considering buying a new detector and definitely need a machine that can ground balance in high iron areas.
Thanks! If you have bad soil, you definitely need a detector with a GB.

Excellent hunt. You are pulling some nice finds from the old place. No telling what else is still there. Must be a good feeling saving all that history from that yard. Keep 'em piling up. Congrats!
Thanks! Once they start construction in the front and back yards, everything is going to be screwed up. They're going to save the old house.

Crushed it Tab!!!
Thanks! I really thought that I was going to have banner day after finding two silver coins right out of the gate, but things slowed down form there.

I'd be very happy with a day like that !
Thanks! Me too! I sure had a great time.

Great hunt and nice finds. My Atmax has 4 frequencies I've detected a couple spots where I've had to run through all of them to no avail. I'd lose my mind if I needed to use that arsenal of detectors but you prevailed! Congrats!
Thanks! You might consider getting a CZ. I sure was amazed at how well it handled that super bad EMI. It's deep, but isn't all that good in real trashy areas. Having the 5" puck coil for it sure helps. I'm curious to see how well my F75 with DST handles the EMI. I'll let you know.

tabman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread