Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The local soccer league had a survey company put in markers for the corners of their fields to make it easier to mark the fields each season. Unfortunately most of them have been pushed down by the lawn tractors and can’t be seen easily in the grass. I helped them find them 2 years ago and this year they wanted to pay me to find them. I can do the job in about 6 hours and it takes them a week to get it done. My time is valuable, but their money should be to get things for the kids and so I am doing the hunt for free.

I had a few hours to start last week so I went out to start the job. I work from a map and use landmarks to start the search for a corner. There are 14 fields in all. I managed to finish 6 and part of another.

As I was searching for pegs I managed a few coins (15 coins face value $.84), a chunk of lead used as a washer and a little half inch flat button. It is a nice thick one and looks like it should have a backmark, but it is kind of crusty and so it is not readable.

6251D370-FFF0-494C-BEA5-23B7D88FD3CC.jpeg 5F5E132D-34A0-4889-8B14-7DBEB16FBD90.jpeg

Not a lot, but enough to make the search more fun so I can enjoy my good deed. Thanks for looking and may your coil lead you to good things.

Upvote 26

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quite the task to be done at no charge by you. That's really a very nice gesture and I'm sure your rewards will be many. Cool finds Btw.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to ask... and I assume you are using your Garrett for this correct ? .. . Don't know why I just see that.

MAy I suggest something...

Use Excal... thresh high hum... dig it all.

make sure to take care with plugs and get ready to dig.

Many think the Excal is a beach detector only... when in fact if they only knew... Excal's "get down" and dirty anywhere.

See me on a farm... see me in the middle of woods...

You see me banging it out with my X2.

Hammer down. :)

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice gesture on your part, and you did at least come away with a flat button.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a honorable mention in my book you makes us all look good well done

weregolf

Jun 14, 2016
Mexico
Detector(s) used
Gemini III, Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, Fisher F2, Deepers 6, OKM rover C
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Nice adventure

Inspector

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Finger Lakes Region, Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, w/6", Simplex+WHP, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Toltec, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your a stand up person for volunteering your service for the team, hope you get blessed with many finds in the process

OP
OP
tnt-hunter

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to ask... and I assume you are using your Garrett for this correct ? .. . Don't know why I just see that.

MAy I suggest something...

Use Excal... thresh high hum... dig it all.

make sure to take care with plugs and get ready to dig.

Many think the Excal is a beach detector only... when in fact if they only knew... Excal's "get down" and dirty anywhere.

See me on a farm... see me in the middle of woods...

You see me banging it out with my X2.

Hammer down. :)

I actually use the CZ for this one. The rebar they use for the corners usually gives me the overload/bell tone that makes it easy to tell the pegs from nails, hairpins etc.

I do use the Excal in yards as a clean up tool. I usually cover the yard in one direction with the CZ and then do the whole yard again at a 90 degree angle to the first coverage with the Excal. When I am finished I am confident I have gotten at least 95% of the good targets out of the yard.

Thanks for the comments and keep swingin.

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Way to go TNT, thinking of the kids instead of turning a buck or two!!! Congrats for stepping up and giving your time to help out the kids and the Soccer association which in my books are giving the kids something to do instead of running the streets and getting into trouble. Once again Congrats for doing such a good deed!!! "D"

OP
OP
tnt-hunter

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks to all of you. Your support is greatly appreciated. I guess I grew up in a time when people looked out for one another a little more than they do today. For some people it’s all about “what’s in it for me”, but life is about more than that.

Thanks for looking and commenting. Good luck and keep swingin.

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That’s very cool that you do that. I helped a friend find their property stakes last year. Harder than you would think. My ears (and detector) are tuned to higher conductors. There was so many other large iron junk pieces I had to dig before finding the iron stakes. Finding iron in iron, uuuggghhhh

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread