New at this, decided to make my first post!

leakypipes

Oct 7, 2007
Hi folks, I have only been doing this for a few months. My buddy and lifelong friend Arrowhunter got me hooked. I do not own my own detector however Arrowhunter has loaned me one of his with the option to buy. I have hunted at my neighbors house and found quite a few clad but seven wheaties to go along with it. I am attempting to post them today and hope they come out well enough to see. The house was built in the thirties so I am expecting to eventually find my first silver there. There used to be an old outhouse on the property however I cannot dig it until the first frost, its late this year. There is a large corn field next door to me which I have received permission to hunt. I was out there for a couple hours this morning and found that most farm hands prefer Budweiser over any other brand. I actually began where the field meets the road and have covered an area about fifty by thrity. Only about two hundred acres to go. Hope you all have a great time out there md'ing

Upvote 0

Ed-NH

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer ll
Hi and welcome to the forum. Its great to see that you already found some coins on your first time out. Those corn fields can be a ton of fun to hunt. Good luck out there and be sure to stop in and post more finds and stories.

Ed-

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from the UK.

Thats the way to do it, cover the land systematically & one day you will hit something. Clear the rubbish/trash as being a ploughed field it will be worth doing next year (if you find a good area).

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Welcome aboard Leakypipes.

Glad to have you with us. This is a great site to learn and make friends. Covering the land systematically may take longer, but it is well worth the effort. Good luck and Happy Hunting.

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are already on your way into this great hobby! Nice you have a few interesting sites right beside the house. Take all the trash out and eventually any good find will come up. I went back over an area on a corn field today, went over it yesterday and found part of a printing press stamp advertisement in two pieces. Was looking for another piece of the press stamp, I hit a loud signal and out came a 100 gram bowl weight. The weights stack inside each other saving space thus, they look like bowls. It is never hunted out, LOL. HH, Mike

tymcmurray

Gold Member
Jul 14, 2007
Maryland
T H F L !!! (treasure hunter for life)
Congratulations on getting into the game.
Glad you got some decent finds too.

cwdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2007
Greenville,NC
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, Teknetics T2 Ltd, GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome nice to see another addict. come aboard ;D congrats on your finds and hope you find many many more

haboo

Jun 27, 2007
Hampshire, West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
I'll be looking forward to seeing all your great finds....... Welcome.......

Attachments

• welcome_003.gif
    welcome_003.gif
    20.6 KB · Views: 262

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX
Welcome to the forum. I think you will enjoy it.

As far as the outhouse, try detecting from the outhouse back to the house. Dropping your pants before you got into the outhouse meant dropping other stuff. That trail and the old clothes line usually have a few surprises.

Daryl

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread