Lost A Pinpointer, Found A Half Dime

secondstar

Mar 11, 2017
North Central Connecticut
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox, Garrett Ace Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So, I knew one day this would happen; I left my pinpointer somewhere in the middle of nowhere. I have a backup, not a big deal...

About an hour after losing my pinpointer, I found this seated liberty half dime in insanely good condition.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1555798009.516645.jpg

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1555798025.250788.jpg

It rang off as a solid 80 on the XP Deus running in 12 kHz and was a good six inches down. I am psyched!

Mike

Upvote 38

Route66

Mar 25, 2019
Guntersville, AL
Detector(s) used
White's 6000D
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great find! I might trade a pinpointer for that nice coin!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sweet find, congrats! :occasion14:

Dennis1209

Dec 23, 2018
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Etrac & NOX 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah, that's why I bought one of those stretch thingies for my pin pointer to attach it to my pouch. Excellent find!

OP
OP
secondstar

secondstar

Mar 11, 2017
North Central Connecticut
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox, Garrett Ace Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah, that's why I bought one of those stretch thingies for my pin pointer to attach it to my pouch. Excellent find!

Just ordered one! Truth be it told, the pinpointer was fours years old and starting to flake out. It’s final resting place is a lovely hilltop in the middle of the woods, seems suiting.

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a very nice coin. Too bad about the pinpointer though.

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yet another great Mass find- sorry about the loss of the pinpointer...

LI Tom

Bronze Member
Oct 19, 2006
I have dropped either my PP or lesche 6-7 times over the years,I have always found them retracing my steps(one time the next day) except for a lesche I lost in a wooded area with a lot of leaf cover,At least you found a great coin out of the day.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have lost mine many times and been lucky enough to find them,I also cant afford to lose one lol Great coin put that bad boy in a case and next hunt you can look for it as you detect shouldnt be to hard to find. I put my phone number on my detector and pinpointer call if found. I dont expect to lose my detector but if stolen or once I get really old who knows.

cheffer

Sep 17, 2004
Western Mass
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Fisher 1275 LTD, Fisher 1265, Fisher 1270, Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Beauty little coin Mike, you've had a good week with the tiny silvers. So, a few weeks ago when I dropped my Deus remote on the side of that mountain, if I hadn't found it I'd instead have brought home a what? Pine tree shilling? I guess the silver gods are looking for an equipment sacrifice in exchange for coinage!

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I lost my first pinpointer while wandering and swinging a large patch of woods. Tried to retrace my steps but realized it was impossible. I have a tether on my carrot now. The Seated half dime makes the loss not sting. Congrats

Silvermonkey

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry to hear about your pinpointer Secondstar...that's a bummer. I've done the same thing with my Lesche a couple of times. No fun. The half dime is a beauty. Hopefully that took some of the sting out.

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very nice. Although it wouldn't make sense monetarily I'd trade a pinpionter for a coin like that!!! I've lost my pinpointer a couple times. Maddening!

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old pin pointer for old coin, seems like a fair trade:icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions