Awesome Hunt with Tnet Friends Produces Spanish Silver, Civil War & Chinese Relics!

mangum

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, MXT Pro Back-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome Hunt with Tnet Friends Produces Spanish Silver, Civil War & Chinese Relics!

I had a great past 4 days in the Northwestern Virginia Mountains saving some history with some great guys! We stayed in an awesome cabin in the mountains right beside a creek, it was beautiful! Carolina Tom & I rode up Thursday to meet up with RelicNut & Damnails. We stopped to check out a homesite, I wandered in an adjoining field & discovered a strictly late 1700s site. I was very happy to pull the 1786 half reale, children's shoe buckle & early buttons! We hunted a few more sites over the weekend & found a great variety from colonial, Civil War & even a couple of Chinese artifacts. Damnails found a beautiful seated half dime. It was a much needed vacation & my time could not have been spent any better. Great people, scenery, relics & food! Thanks so much to Relic Nut & Damnails for a great time! (The native trout was awesome). 1.png 2.png 3.png 4.png 5.png 6.png 6a.png 7.png 8.png 9.png 10.png 11.png 12.png

Upvote 37

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great post Josh, makes me happy that you had a good trip and made some awesome finds. That reale is the bomb, and the buttons are sweet! I think I put on about 10 pounds this weekend.
I am impressed with your knowledge of the old relics and look forward to hunting with you again. Hope you had a good trip back and reminded Tom often of your and Damnails coins. Happy Easter Bud!!

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds and looks like you had a great time. Congrats on the good time and the awesome finds.

OP
OP
mangum

mangum

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, MXT Pro Back-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great post Josh, makes me happy that you had a good trip and made some awesome finds. That reale is the bomb, and the buttons are sweet! I think I put on about 10 pounds this weekend.
I am impressed with your knowledge of the old relics and look forward to hunting with you again. Hope you had a good trip back and reminded Tom often of your and Damnails coins. Happy Easter Bud!!

I think I put on a few too but well worth it! We had a good trip back, I didn’t give him too much hell lol! Can’t wait to do it again!!!

Last edited:

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice post Josh.

Congrats on the nice set of finds. That Spanish coin is really sweet. Thanks for NOT mentioning that both Relic Nut and I went over it and didn’t hit it, and I mean right over it. Ouch.

See you soon buddy.

OP
OP
mangum

mangum

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, MXT Pro Back-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice post Josh.

Congrats on the nice set of finds. That Spanish coin is really sweet. Thanks for NOT mentioning that both Relic Nut and I went over it and didn’t hit it, and I mean right over it. Ouch.

See you soon buddy.

Tom - did I tell you both of you went over it? Lmao.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Love the well displayed post...great keepers! :occasion14:

catyron

Apr 15, 2019
Forestville, California
Detector(s) used
Old Maps, Dowsing, Borrowed detecting equipment from friends.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What an amazing group of items. Beautiful photos, too. That Chinese cash coin flipped my wig. We find them in California, where the Chinese settled. They are not "valuable" but a neat piece of history. Finding one in Virginia seems very unexpected.

Last edited:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing finds Im drooling great pics also. Cool to hunt with other tnetters I get to do the same once in a while lots of fun. Thanks for sharing

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a great trip with bonus finds.:occasion14:

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I need a detecting vacation like that. How much for a week at that cabin for me and a buddy? Name your price!:3barsgold: Gary

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds that sounds like a dream vacation!!! Awesome that you were all able to find some good stuff too!

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice post Josh.

See you soon buddy.

Triple OUCH!!!

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great work, place , post, assortment of finds , fellowship.

I need a trip like that . Someday???

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like good times were had by all! I think it is awesome how this hobby draws complete strangers together:occasion14:

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Awesome Hunt with Tnet Friends Produces Spanish Silver, Civil War & Chinese R...

Looks like you fellas had an outstanding time. Now, Tom has said so many things about you as a hunter and I see that they’re all completely incorrect. You can find stuff with your detector and score big! Looks like you had an excellent hunt and a time with friends that you’ll remember forever. Between those tombacs and rat tail, you were getting well into colonial. Those tombacs can easily be mid-century

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread