Fellow TreasureNet Fellow and I Found 100 Coins on Korean Beach

Mphares

Jan 10, 2019
Pyeongtaek, South Korea
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX, AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I met up with Matt Pfeil, a fellow YouTuber and TreasureNet member, yesterday and took him to my favorite beach here in Korea. We seriously hit the motherload and found like 100 coins in a two hour span. This was after four hours of detecting in muck just to find sinkers. I have never found this many coins in all my detecting days (which isn't too many days to be honest).

This weekend he and I are hitting up a Three Kingdoms (1,500+ years old) fortress. Look forward to sharing our finds!

Upvote 9

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry man i bet its a cool video but i refuse to watch any video that has a cover with a mans mouth wide open....:eek:

Deep1

Dec 30, 2018
Carolina Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nox 800, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II, Poor ole wore out Fisher 1266 that still finds stuff.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fun video. Enjoyed it.
I'd be excited it I hit something like that.
I thought is was really cool when the lady found the coin.
Why were all those coins in one spot?
That's not what I would consider a beach. I'm used to nice white sand, never seen nothing like that before.
Do people actually swim there?
What do the officials think about you digging at 1500 year old site?
I know in some countries, they kinda frown upon that.
Good diggin.

OP
OP
Mphares

Mphares

Jan 10, 2019
Pyeongtaek, South Korea
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX, AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is actually a big monolith rock formation that sticks off the southern end of the beach; which is why it doesn't look like the beach itself. When the tide comes in the water is plenty deep and the beach is pretty active.

As for the 1500 year-old site, its just the remnants of it and it is pretty much just a mountain top with a trail around where the wall used to be. The only thing up there is a Buddhist temple, but we don't dig around there. Noone says anything to us, as we are just digging on a mountain. However, if we find anything of historic or cultural value, we definitely have the heart to turn it over to the museums. We clean up a lot of trash, so the folks up there are happy with the hobby.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread