Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finished the Main Street house the other day. I did the last 2/3 of the yard with the Excalibur so the yard has been done twice. Once going front to back with the CZ21 and again going Side to side with the Excalibur. I only found 8 coins today with a face value of $.40 I did manage to find a Lesney #54 Cadillac Ambulance from 1965, a square hem weight, a Barclay race car from the 1930’s (slightly squashed), a cool old knife, a decorative plated watch back, a 1944 D wheatie, and a key.

F6CB1B34-269E-48BD-81C9-358403F0A926.jpeg 3A45B4B1-0093-41D1-AE39-6017F65B6825.jpeg 347C27E3-34BF-4CE7-B498-21D0887CE45C.jpeg

Not a great day, but some interesting finds and you never know what will come out of the ground next. The yard produced 214 coins including 4 IHPs, a buffalo nickel, 3 merc dimes, a silver Rosie, 44 wheat pennies (13 of them 100+ years old), and some cool artifacts. Not my best yard but definitely above average for its size.

I have been sending the owners an email with pictures of the best finds after every hunt. I always save everything that comes out of the ground and offer to show it, along with the goodies, to the home owners. I also ask if they want anything I have found. Most people don’t, but some do and most of what I dig is only important to me and not extremely valuable so if it means something to them they should have it.

The folks that live there were very nice and the pictures were enough and did not need to see all the finds. They didn’t want anything either and actually thanked me for calling before I came, which I did at their request.

Thanks for looking and may your coil lead you to good things.

Upvote 8

DigginNorthernVa

Jul 9, 2018
Fairfax Station, VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Blue and Gray
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! Looks like that place kept you busy. Nice to hear you were able to keep all you found. Good luck on your next permission!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions