CTX 3030
Equinox 800
Equinox600
Makro Multi Kruzer
Garret ATpro
Garret ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Friday it poured rain all day and night. Saturday morning the sun was out, so it was off to a old schoolyard that I have hunted to death. I very rarely get a deep high tone there anymore. There are plenty clad and bottle tops, pull tabs etc. But I''m always hoping I hit something a certain way that I have missed or is being masked. After I dug a few bottle tops and pull tabs that fooled me because they are kinda deep. I got a target with jumpy numbers 12- 16,17. I Thought ok another deep pull tab. Down around 7in. out pops the gold. :hello2: OK made my day I thought. This field has given me some great 1800's coins and relics but is kinda dry now. After more pull tabs and bottle tops I split happy with the Gold Ring.
I Go home and decide to go over to my other old school yard at about 5:30pm, after all I did get a great Barber Quarter last weekend. You never know what you will find at this field. I have dug tons of silver, 1800's large cents. Oldest being 1837, Tomback buttons, Tons of Wheaties, clad, bottle tops, pull tabs etc. Just gotta look for the deep targets. Well after a few pull tabs and bottle top and modern pennies and wheaties. I get a kinda deep choppy signal 15-21 I think ok another bottle top. Down around 8in. out pops a small silver coin. I could see it was smaller than a dime. I'm hoping it's a half dime as I have only found one beat up bent 1835 capped bust and no seated half dimes. after a little cleaning I was shocked to see it was a 1/2 reale a really old reale. Turns out to be my oldest coin to date. A 1736 1/2reale beating my 1773 1reale:headbang:
Goes to show there could be anything down there, Made my day
Thanks for viewing
IMG_1848.jpg

7.3g 10K Gold Ring with enamel emblem falling off
IMG_1838.JPG IMG_1832.jpg
IMG_1841.JPG IMG_1839.JPG

1736 Philp V 1/2reale (mex mint)
IMG_1836.JPG IMG_1837.JPG

Some old old lead
IMG_1844.JPG IMG_1842.JPG
IMG_1843.JPG IMG_1848.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 27

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow what a hunt a gold ring and that coin would be priceless to me. Awesome finds I need a day like that soon. Well done

Last edited:

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet! All of those are great finds, but there's something about Spanish colonial silver that gets me every time. Awesome job!

Whyme

Silver Member
Aug 22, 2007
Western New York
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow very nice! Hope one day I find a reale! Congrats! :icon_thumleft:

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Whites TRX Pinpointer, Whites MX5, Bounty Hunter 3300 Discovery, Whites Coinmaster Pro, Whites Quantum 2, Whites 6000, Whites 6DB, Whites Beachcomber.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the posting & the GREAT details of your "journey" to find GOLD and SILVER treasures - it seems that YOU are getting "down" to the extremely old items that probably have been "masked" for years of bottle caps, old beaver tails & modern pull tabs - Good Job, my friend & keep up the great work to discover "history". GOOD Luck & Happy Hunting to ALL........BILL

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Outstanding hunt, congrats! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions