Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I mostly hunt woods as I enjoy the peace and tranquility, but Aureus had been encouraging me to get permissions so I can expand my repertoire, so to speak.
After a couple of tries I finally landed my first farm to hunt.
The first few hunts there I dug several copper coins, including a Geo II and a bunch of flat buttons.
Yesterday thou I joined the Rev War button fraternity with an amazing Loyalist Kings Royal Regiment button.
Also known as Johnson’s Royal Regiment of N.Y., KR Yorkers and Royal Greens, this was one of the first loyalists Regiments to be raised during the Rev War.
Loyalist were American colonist who who stayed loyal to the British Crown during the Rev War.
The KRR of NY was formed by exiled loyalist leader Sir John Johnson.
Fleeing American persecution he gathered up two hundred of His followers and guided by the Mohawks they began an arduous march through the swampy Adirondack Mountain range to Canada.
In the Spring of 1776 Johnson’s hungry and tired band finally made it to Quebec.
Not long after,Governor Carleton approved the order to raise Johnson’s regiment and shortly afterwards at Chambly, Quebec, the Kings Royal regiment of New York began recruiting.
Still on cloud nine after finding my first Rev War button.

Attachments

• 39F8BC32-7541-45CD-A010-FD59F874B4C0.jpeg
    39F8BC32-7541-45CD-A010-FD59F874B4C0.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 150
  • 1CF0A5A7-FB0F-4AAC-98DA-6C95282063C4.jpeg
    1CF0A5A7-FB0F-4AAC-98DA-6C95282063C4.jpeg
    741.8 KB · Views: 214
  • 05A18CDC-735B-4D19-9D18-D28F3724B701.jpeg
    05A18CDC-735B-4D19-9D18-D28F3724B701.jpeg
    734 KB · Views: 139
  • 53A4BAB7-0FC9-44D5-8CE3-3221D643B705.jpeg
    53A4BAB7-0FC9-44D5-8CE3-3221D643B705.jpeg
    120.3 KB · Views: 125
  • D643C638-E5D4-4D91-86E5-A1E70F7D4DE5.jpeg
    D643C638-E5D4-4D91-86E5-A1E70F7D4DE5.jpeg
    135.7 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
Upvote 54
Aug 5, 2015
Detector(s) used
Entry level POS that I found in the thickets along a river.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a rare specimen in fine and easily legible condition. I am voting for the banner, and then I am packing up my crap and moving close to you in Nova Scotia!

ColonialDude

Jul 5, 2004
Canada
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Colonial Dude, I still can’t believe my baptism by fire, sort to speak,
Lol with that being my first Rev War button.
I enjoyed reading up on your cool banner finds too.

Well hopefully that will open the floodgates for you! Thanks...I've been lucky enough to find some real keepers over the years. Good luck out there!

OP
OP
Relicific

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That is a rare specimen in fine and easily legible condition. I am voting for the banner, and then I am packing up my crap and moving close to you in Nova Scotia!

Thanks, but your a little off, I’m in Quebec, home of great beer and poutine.

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Oh man, what an amazing looking pewter button! :occasion14:
Thanks very much for the background history too.

Dave

OP
OP
Relicific

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Relicific, Relicific now you've done it! I can only imagine the high you're on and many congrats!

Best wishes! BANNER!
Thanks for your vote

OP
OP
Relicific

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
First one I remember being posted on Tnet - CONGRATS on a great piece of history, in pretty good shape as well.
Tks Cru- Had no idea how rare this Rev War button was.

Silver Tree Chaser

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome Rev. War button recovery. So much history in that small piece of pewter. Congrats.

OP
OP
Relicific

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Castineman1779

Apr 30, 2013
Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, DFX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Indeed a beautiful and rare Loyalist button. I think u need to upgrade the "Cloud 9" to Cloud 10 my friend. I collect REv WAr buttons and is one of the rarest. Nothing better than the thrill of a great find. Conrats and savor the moments that last a lifetime in this great hobby. If someone can tell me how to submit this as a Banner please do. A worthy button . Gary

haility

May 30, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really? How am I gonna sleep tonite? Lol

Loyalist were American colonist who who stayed loyal to the British Crown during the Rev War.
The KRR of NY was formed by exiled loyalist leader Sir John Johnson.
Fleeing American persecution he gathered up two hundred of His followers and guided by the Mohawks they began an arduous march through the swampy Adirondack Mountain range to Canada.

OP
OP
Relicific

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Indeed a beautiful and rare Loyalist button. I think u need to upgrade the "Cloud 9" to Cloud 10 my friend. I collect REv WAr buttons and is one of the rarest. Nothing better than the thrill of a great find. Conrats and savor the moments that last a lifetime in this great hobby. If someone can tell me how to submit this as a Banner please do. A worthy button . Gary
Thank you Gary, yes I’m still savouring the moment.

Castineman1779

Apr 30, 2013
Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, DFX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
U R welcome . Just submitted why I thought your button was Banner worthy. For a student of this period in my 23rd year hunting my REv WAr site your button it indeed a No Brainer. Not sure who came up with the "Banner" idea but it indeed is a good one and reading each post, depending on your interest ,is fine but to see and click on a fantastic find is indeed a wonderful thing. These great relics, coins , buttons and whatever need to be seen and read about. Yes maybe a little bit ego driven but hell a little recognition is not a bad thing. Cudos who ever came up with Tnet. BTW please don't clean that button. U will not like yourself. Dug pewter in most cases needs to be left alone. Great find my friend and keep um coming. Gary

OP
OP
Relicific

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
U R welcome . Just submitted why I thought your button was Banner worthy. For a student of this period in my 23rd year hunting my REv WAr site your button it indeed a No Brainer. Not sure who came up with the "Banner" idea but it indeed is a good one and reading each post, depending on your interest ,is fine but to see and click on a fantastic find is indeed a wonderful thing. These great relics, coins , buttons and whatever need to be seen and read about. Yes maybe a little bit ego driven but hell a little recognition is not a bad thing. Cudos who ever came up with Tnet. BTW please don't clean that button. U will not like yourself. Dug pewter in most cases needs to be left alone. Great find my friend and keep um coming. Gary
Getting kudos from a 23 year Rev war hunter means a lot and I appreciate
Your enthusiasm.

MAILITY

May 26, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The KRR of NY was formed by exiled loyalist leader Sir Audacity Find My iPhone Origin John Johnson.

Castineman1779

Apr 30, 2013
Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, DFX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Rev WAr button

Relific
Hard not to get excited about seeing rare buttons like this. Even though I have made hundreds of trips to my site and dug thousands of holes and relics I still have that "what can be found" thing knowing am leaving with nothing and maybe going home with history . Had days I got skunked and days may have brought home 3 or 4 cannon balls. or a button , coin or whatever. Just a thought u may want to enter your button in "Best Finds" in Western Eastern Treasures mag or write an article for them. Great visibility for your find , get a free mag and even get paid some gas money for an article. . . Check it out online and need any help let me know. Gary

Attachments

• 32e5037c96a40ca78f3b8de7597dff64.29.jpg
    32e5037c96a40ca78f3b8de7597dff64.29.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 25
  • DSCN2072.JPG
    DSCN2072.JPG
    96.5 KB · Views: 16
  • Image (8).jpg
    Image (8).jpg
    516.9 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions