Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I stopped by my recent permission yesterday where I’ve had some good luck at with old coins and relics. I’ve hunted the main yard from just about every direction so I decided to start hitting areas around the back. I hit the center circle of the turnaround part of the driveway. I found a few wheats some clad and half of an old cap pistol. I crossed the driveway and headed towards the backyard when I got a great sounding signal and thought it might be a silver quarter. But after cutting my plug and hitting a big brick, my signal was still in the clod so I was expecting a clad quarter. I busted through the grass roots and out rolls a big ole silver half. The dirt was caked on so I went to the truck to get my water and cleaned it up enough to see a beautiful 1944 Walker. I can’t believe I’ve dug 4 silver half dollars out of this one yard. I looked around for about an hour more and didn’t find much after the half. This had been an epic site to hunt.

K41BZTD.jpg x1j1Z7J.jpg

Y0rtpQi.jpg DFZTUe0.jpg

wMP26m4.jpg DajGqT5.jpg v6rVB1F.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 40

Squirrel322

Silver Member
Jul 4, 2016
Central MI
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Equinox 800, Go-Find 66, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW thats a nice patch of dirt you got!!!! What a nice haul of loot!!! Great finds!!!

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that yard has lots of great relics! I wonder if the neighbors yards might hold as much. Ya never know. Nice hunt. Like the silver and the lone enfield.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Outstanding ! Lucky for you, they were careless with their coins over the years.

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt and nice Walker. What is the token beside the Walker? Looks interesting.

OP
OP
Sooper Dave

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that yard has lots of great relics! I wonder if the neighbors yards might hold as much. Ya never know. Nice hunt. Like the silver and the lone enfield.

Thanks! Yeah I'm working on getting other permissions around there. I got the go ahead across the street where the old toll house was but the grass is over 2 feet tall. I hoping it gets cut soon.

OP
OP
Sooper Dave

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Outstanding ! Lucky for you, they were careless with their coins over the years.

Yeah It's funny how some yards can not have any old coins and some will be loaded. I imagine kids have a lot to do with it.

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow four halves from one yard and two of them seated! That is quite impressive!!!! Congrats and it looks life you found some other great stuff too!

OP
OP
Sooper Dave

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt and nice Walker. What is the token beside the Walker? Looks interesting.

It's some type of amusement token. That's the second one I've found there but they are a little different from each other. Info I found on the net said from the 30's-40's

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's some type of amusement token. That's the second one I've found there but they are a little different from each other. Info I found on the net said from the 30's-40's

Thanks. I am a token nut and like them almost as much as coins.

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What a HAUL...!
Great finds...! :thumbsup:

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That yard has been very good to you. I think you should offer to start mowing it :laughing7:

OP
OP
Sooper Dave

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. I am a token nut and like them almost as much as coins.

Yeah I am the same way. I would rather find a cool old token over a common silver coin.

OP
OP
Sooper Dave

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That yard has been very good to you. I think you should offer to start mowing it :laughing7:

It has been a good one for sure. They keep it mowed down and I try to hunt right after. I need to mow across the street. I have permission there and the toll house for that road sat there way back in the day. The grass is over knee high.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions