Yogi the MD dog

dano91

Apr 3, 2005
colorado
I took Yogi to the park today to test him w/ MD. I only shot the spots that he had good hit's on.
13 in all, 2 were animal scents..no sound on MD so I didnt dig them, the other 11 were all finds.
Pull tabs, bottle caps , a peice of foil, and a clad quarter! This is the first time i've tried this way,
and I've stopped burying things for him to find. Now it's just what he can find by himself.
I've trained him on gold and silver but he seems to scent on all metal, no iron yet thou.
I'll keep testing him and posting . HH

Attachments

• 1 025.jpg
    1 025.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 348
Upvote 0
OP
OP
dano91

dano91

Apr 3, 2005
colorado
He found and dug a silver ring the other day. I think I'm on the right track.

Attachments

• 1 018.jpg
    1 018.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 398
  • 1 018.jpg
    1 018.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 328

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Yogi sounds like a great MD accessory. Now you don't have to worry about low batteries, just low kibble. LOL

D

Darod

Hey,

Just curious,...does Yogi have any pointer blood in him (He doesn't look like he does! :o)? Cause if he does, perhaps he can point,....pinpoint that is, for ya :) ;)

Rod

F

Floater

Ok now Ive heard it all. Yogi is going for gold. already has silver and I'm still lookin for my first of both.Did I mention I just spent a lot of money on a detector.
Did I mention that my cats are worthless lazy no good for nothin lounge lizards that woudlnt move unless they smell the cat food being opened.
Ughhh yogi could ya help a guy out here and teach those damn cats to do something.
HH guys. I am jealous.

OP
OP
dano91

dano91

Apr 3, 2005
colorado
LOL Yogi is purbred bloodhound the other is Guido he's a great dane, this is what happens when I leave w/ out them haha!
The only gold he has found so far is the gold watch and ring I trained him with.

Attachments

• 1 027.jpg
    1 027.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 313
F

Floater

Yup the picture tells it all.And of course they never get any love.LOL Great shot.

OP
OP
dano91

dano91

Apr 3, 2005
colorado
I took him out again before dark tonight and he hit on 1 quarter 1 dime 1 nickel 5 pennies all clad but this time more coins than trash.
I think the praise over the coins and not the trash is helping.

D

Darod

Man! That is one funny picture! I laughed my Ars off!

Great pic.

Rod

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
I believe it, dogs are some very perceptive creatures... ;D
They say that gold, silver, and other various metals all have their own smell, I could see were you could train a dog to find it, never thought about it.. ::)
I sure can't tell the difference, all the coins I smell, smell like dirt, If I'm lucky... ;D

Only problem I see, from looking at your finds today is, it looks like they've all spent their money on beer before they lost any of it... ;D just fun'n with ya, great story, great idea...
Good luck with it...

OP
OP
dano91

dano91

Apr 3, 2005
colorado
Woot!!!!! Yogi hit gold today! Not much just this gold plated friendship ring but it still counts.
This dog is starting to make even me look good LOL

Attachments

• 1 028.jpg
    1 028.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 149

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread