xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went detecting with digpals Ryan and the Silver Bandit after work yesterday. It's been a tough year for silvers but I have started to make some finds. They had each found a silver and time was running out for me as I had to go home soon. I found a XL dandy or horse rosette as you can see two shank or attachments on the back... and I completely wailed it with my shovel. Oops! I was starting to get frantic. I called my wife for a time extension... as I just knew there had to be a silver waiting for me. As the clock on my 30 min allotted extension drew to the end I found something! The almost unmistakable gleam of silver in the hole! It turned out to a be nice new shiny 64 Washington Quarter. Just on the cusp of being clad. It was a lucky day for me and I was stoked... but then my luck turned into Ryan's luck. 1 foot away from my hole after I had walked away he found something. He was super excited and told me I was going to kill him. It turned out to be a beautiful 42 or 43 walker that looked even better than my shiny quarter! I didn't get too jealous as he found it fair and square as I had forgotten to circle around my hole. Better luck next time! Well this is my 4th silver this year but I think John, Paul, Ringo and George would be proud of this 64 Gleam Machine of a quarter. Thanks for reading!

Attachments

• IMG_6804.JPG
    IMG_6804.JPG
    966.1 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_6805.JPG
    IMG_6805.JPG
    1,003.3 KB · Views: 54
Upvote 9

lenmac65

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2009
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Equinox 800 (as of 10/2019)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice post, neighbor. A lot I can relate to there. Any silver is good silver, so I would be happy with that quarter. The Beatles reference was a nice touch...I am a huge fan. Congrats on the nice finds.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice find, congrats! :occasion14:

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Sounds like a great time. Nice finds, nice friendly competition. Grats!

OP
OP
X

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice post, neighbor. A lot I can relate to there. Any silver is good silver, so I would be happy with that quarter. The Beatles reference was a nice touch...I am a huge fan. Congrats on the nice finds.

Hello back neighbor! Thank you for the words! No one made music like they did!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions