Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree23Likes
  • 15 Post By Goldiver
  • 2 Post By JerV3
  • 1 Post By Reanm8er
  • 1 Post By Digger RJ
  • 1 Post By dirtlooter
  • 2 Post By RustyRelics
  • 1 Post By Davers

Thread: Ohio flint points and musketballs for todays scouting trip

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Sep 2006
    Fremont, Ohio
    Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560
    846 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Ohio flint points and musketballs for todays scouting trip

I got out for 2 1/2 hours today and got a little scouting in on my new 400 acre permission. The area is rich in Native American and colonial period history. If I am lucky maybe it will produce a few early military relics. Today I just did a quick walkdown of one field and I am pretty pleased with the results. I was able to spy some flint here and there as I was scanning for metal relics. Here is the results of todays efforts, 2 flint points, a couple possible small scrapers and misc pieces. The Equinox was running quite nicely and got me some various caliber musketballs and brass odds and ends. I was shocked how clean this field was of modern junk, it was great not being plagued with aluminum. I'm pretty stoked about getting back out there to hunt it some more before the crops get planted.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4802.JPG 
Views:	37 
Size:	2.97 MB 
ID:	1713407Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4803.JPG 
Views:	35 
Size:	4.55 MB 
ID:	1713408Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4804.JPG 
Views:	37 
Size:	3.93 MB 
ID:	1713410Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4805.JPG 
Views:	52 
Size:	2.21 MB 
ID:	1713412
    Research and ye shall find!

us
    Feb 2005
    Three Rivers
    Minelab Etrac Xp Deus Ctx 3030 Whites Dfx
    1354 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Nice flint,

I live to spot an arrowhead doesnt happen alot here in the city even though we had tons of native history here.

Thats better than find common toasted older coins. I'd check that place often.

Jer
    Davers and Goldiver like this.

us
    Priv8ear

Aug 2018
    Shenandoah Valley Va
    WW2 Mine Detector, 2 Garrets and an Underwater Fisher (Older Machines)
    3092 times
    Congrats Goldiver! It looks like you've got the best of all worlds there!
    Goldiver likes this.
    Phil

us
    Randy

Aug 2017
    SW Missouri
    Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800
    7983 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Nice!!! Congrats!!!
    Goldiver likes this.

us
    Title? old fart

Jun 2014
    mid western ARK
    XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
    11910 times
    Relic Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    worked flint is always a thrill to find, I always wonder what it had done in its usage, game or man. awesome finds
    Goldiver likes this.
    LUKE 15 : 8 "OR WHAT WOMAN, IF SHE HAS TEN SILVER COINS AND LOSES ONE COIN,DOES NOT LIGHT A LAMP AND SWEEP THE HOUSE AND SEARCH CAREFULLY UNTIL SHE FINDS IT?" 15 : 9 "AND WHEN SHE HAS FOUND IT, SHE CALLS TOGETHER HER FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS, SAYING, "REJOICE WITH ME, FOR I HAVE FOUND THE COIN WHICH I HAD LOST!"

Charter Member
    us
    Sep 2006
    Fremont, Ohio
    846 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtlooter View Post
    worked flint is always a thrill to find, I always wonder what it had done in its usage, game or man. awesome finds
    I know what you mean, I like to think of the time and effort they put into making them too. It is a true personal connection with those who tread over that very land long before us.

Steve

Charter Member
    us
    Ethan

Apr 2019
    North Eastern Kentucky
    My dads Whites MXT
    7527 times
    Relic Hunting
    I spent a good part of the day searching the Ohio river for points. Zilch. I'm glad you found some though! Nice ones! Awesome saves with that lead, btw.
    Davers and Goldiver like this.
    "The Army of Northern Virginia was never defeated. It merely wore itself out whipping the enemy." - Jubal Early

"We'll fight them, sir, till hell freezes over, and then, sir, we'll fight them on ice" - Unknown Confederate soldier

us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
    6241 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JerV3 View Post
    Nice flint,

I live to spot an arrowhead doesnt happen alot here in the city even though we had tons of native history here.

Thats better than find common toasted older coins. I'd check that place often.

Jer
    I feel ya .., same here for developed Metro Atlanta , oh !! I just get a Toasty Indian head about 4-9 times a year, no LC's.
    Goldiver likes this.
    As I am finding , In life we begin having the Blissful happiness & the Wonder & innocence of a Child, then fall Quickly, then spend the rest of our lives trying to reach that point where we began ,through Pleasure , Fame, & Materials but Only 'Through true faith in Jesus , can we find Prefect Happiness or true Meaning in our Short lives on this Beautiful Earth filled with both the Light of Pure goodness & The Darkness of Pure Evil. D.

That Said, I judge No Man.
    Davers

us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
    6241 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyRelics View Post
    I spent a good part of the day searching the Ohio river for points. Zilch. I'm glad you found some though! Nice ones! Awesome saves with that lead, btw.
    Man it's like i'm following you around this eve , but I just clicked on 'active topics'
    Good to see you again lol.
    As I am finding , In life we begin having the Blissful happiness & the Wonder & innocence of a Child, then fall Quickly, then spend the rest of our lives trying to reach that point where we began ,through Pleasure , Fame, & Materials but Only 'Through true faith in Jesus , can we find Prefect Happiness or true Meaning in our Short lives on this Beautiful Earth filled with both the Light of Pure goodness & The Darkness of Pure Evil. D.

That Said, I judge No Man.
    Davers

Charter Member
    us
    Sep 2006
    Fremont, Ohio
    846 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyRelics View Post
    Thanks, I was actually a bit surprised to find complete points. I figured this area would be scoured pretty well by surface hunters already being a great location to look for them. Hopefully I will have some more to show soon I plan to put more time into the place Sunday morning. I'm hoping to snag a copper or two to go with that lead too. Good luck out there!

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2014
    Massachusetts
    Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II & X-terra 705; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i & DFX
    25818 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Nice finds!

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links