Ohio flint points and musketballs for todays scouting trip

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got out for 2 1/2 hours today and got a little scouting in on my new 400 acre permission. The area is rich in Native American and colonial period history. If I am lucky maybe it will produce a few early military relics. Today I just did a quick walkdown of one field and I am pretty pleased with the results. I was able to spy some flint here and there as I was scanning for metal relics. Here is the results of todays efforts, 2 flint points, a couple possible small scrapers and misc pieces. The Equinox was running quite nicely and got me some various caliber musketballs and brass odds and ends. I was shocked how clean this field was of modern junk, it was great not being plagued with aluminum. I'm pretty stoked about getting back out there to hunt it some more before the crops get planted.

IMG_4802.JPG IMG_4803.JPG IMG_4804.JPG IMG_4805.JPG

Upvote 15

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice flint,

I live to spot an arrowhead doesnt happen alot here in the city even though we had tons of native history here.

Thats better than find common toasted older coins. I'd check that place often.

Jer

Reanm8er

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2018
Shenandoah Valley Va
Detector(s) used
WW2 Mine Detector, 2 Garrets and an Underwater Fisher (Older Machines)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats Goldiver! It looks like you've got the best of all worlds there!

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
worked flint is always a thrill to find, I always wonder what it had done in its usage, game or man. awesome finds

OP
OP
Goldiver

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
worked flint is always a thrill to find, I always wonder what it had done in its usage, game or man. awesome finds

I know what you mean, I like to think of the time and effort they put into making them too. It is a true personal connection with those who tread over that very land long before us.

Steve

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I spent a good part of the day searching the Ohio river for points. Zilch. I'm glad you found some though! Nice ones! Awesome saves with that lead, btw.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice flint,

I live to spot an arrowhead doesnt happen alot here in the city even though we had tons of native history here.

Thats better than find common toasted older coins. I'd check that place often.

Jer

I feel ya .., same here for developed Metro Atlanta , oh !! I just get a Toasty Indian head about 4-9 times a year, no LC's.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spent a good part of the day searching the Ohio river for points. Zilch. I'm glad you found some though! Nice ones! Awesome saves with that lead, btw.

Man it's like i'm following you around this eve , but I just clicked on 'active topics' ???
Good to see you again lol.

OP
OP
Goldiver

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks, I was actually a bit surprised to find complete points. I figured this area would be scoured pretty well by surface hunters already being a great location to look for them. Hopefully I will have some more to show soon I plan to put more time into the place Sunday morning. I'm hoping to snag a copper or two to go with that lead too. Good luck out there!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread