The Meadows again.

skierbob

Jun 7, 2006
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-trac; Minelab Exp II; Troy Shadow X3; Garrett AT Pro.
Spent another 2 1/2 hours last night hunting the Meadows. The construction crew had left early. They had dug a long trench and had placed the huge sections of pipe in the trench. Anyway, I hunted where the Pipe sections had been laying before they put them in the ground. Most of this stuff was found under where the pipes had been.

Three more Indian Heads and a 1927 Buffalo nickel:

meadows again 001.JPG meadows again 002.JPG

Another pile of wheaties and a 1946 Roosie. It's amazing how one of the wheaties, a 1953, looks like it just came out of circulation. I dabbed some Copper Care liquid on the others, trying to stem the tide of corrosion on them. The '46 Roosie I'm afraid has some gray gunk on it, which doesn't want to come off. But it is silver anyway.

meadows again 003.JPG

Other finds include memorial pennies, Jeff. nickel, clad dime, part of a cufflink, a shell and a curious hunk of lead shaped like a lion or buffalo.

meadows again 004.JPG

Upvote 0

ScrewcapRoy

Jun 14, 2007
Weymouth Mass
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
It is amazing how those construction guys doing all of that digging can miss things like this. How deep were they after the piping was lifted?
Nice finds.
HH Roy

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
That place keeps giving. Nice collection of Indians!

Congratulations!

Ridley

OP
OP
skierbob

skierbob

Jun 7, 2006
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-trac; Minelab Exp II; Troy Shadow X3; Garrett AT Pro.
ScrewcapRoy,
All these things were only an inch or two in the ground. Some of them were even right on top covered by a thin layer of loose dirt. The ground had been graded off maybe six inches or so before they laid the big pipe sections out. It was in the hottest area on the whole field for finds. That area is maybe 30 yards wide and 30 yards long. It was right across the street from an old Catholic church and school. We think it was either a play area for the kids or a common yard/park/picnic area for the surrounding houses. Anyway, it has produced a great amount of coins, medals, tokens, etc.

CarolinaDigs,
Yea, that was my thinking, too. Maybe a piece of folk art. The shape caught my eye and I thought it was neat. HH

Bob

V3 SNIPER

May 2, 2007
toronto
Detector(s) used
Minelab explorer 2 pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Very nice coins, keep up the good work ;D

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:o Fantastic finds, Bob!!

Keep 'em coming! 8)

Nana

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Killer finds and place you have there!

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boy, I would love to find a site that out here on the west coast!! I enjoy finding clad on the beach, but some old silvers sure would be sweet!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread