Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Like Tree297Likes

Thread: Revolutionary War "Penobscot Expedition " gold coin found

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Apr 2016
    South Western PA
    ACE 250 with DD coil Equinox 600
    8354 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I see no problem in a friendly bump/lobby for a find you really like by another member. The moderators do a great job on Tnet and may or may not take this into account. I bet this incredible coin still makes it to the top, only thing holding it back is that the OP had not posted anything for 6 years.
    smokeythecat likes this.

us
    Sep 2005
    Puget Sound
    Minelab CTX 3030, Whites DFX
    9006 times
    Metal Detecting
    This is an amazing and beautiful find. Somehow I missed this post the first time around. Way to go!!

Feb 2013
    Longview, Texas
    1893 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Double Secret Banner vote
    Bodkin likes this.
    “The enemy never sees the backs of my Texans!" - General Robert E. Lee

"While I could never repose confidence in a Yankee, I have never been deceived by an Indian" - Daniel Boone

Charter Member
    us
    Apr 2016
    XP DEUS,EQUINOX 800, ANFIBIO MULTI
    7041 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Totally awesome!

Jas 1:22 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.

us
    Rev WAr history guy

Apr 2013
    Maine
    XP Deus, DFX
    519 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by calabash digger View Post
    Totally awesome!
    Right back U and TOTTALY AWESOME finds my friend. I see your in my favorite mag an if an article about your finds there hell send it u for us to enjoy. I got 6 since 2006 and hope two more before my book. I hope that GW sleeve link was your Banner find or at least a Best Finds. Congrats on great finds. Gary

us
    Rev WAr history guy

Apr 2013
    Maine
    XP Deus, DFX
    519 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    This post is about remarks made earlier by 1320 and if u want to go back a page can check them out. I don't often write about ,I guess we are called OPs, but not not letting his slide by giving anyone an opinion about me that is not right. So that is an interesting bunch of comments to make about I will have to assume me since directed to the 6 year Hiatus ". He writes this rules thing " and straight out of the "Hit & Run " Members , who show up to post an amazing find then leave again in 6 months". To continue he wrote " A 6 year hiatus, as mentioned by the OP 's opening statement , probably followed by ANOTHER hiatus "And my favorite " You just can't show up on game day , you gotta practice and be part of the team."
    First of all u know nothing about me if I am that OP and if u t0ok the time to check out my profile and post from April of 2013 to when I left on Dec 26th 2014, yes if u did the math 1 year and I think 8 months , u might know I played the game well, interacted with other OPS and often made comments about others finds . Am a FULL MEMBER . Yes u could have done that and saved your opinions so I did not have to respond here. A for my hiatus life happens and don't need to explain that . Now I wil be doing a new post soon about this Banner thing. I came back on Tnet since it is the best venue to share with all of u the history that is "The Penobscot Expedition" . Banner again I don't give a rat's butt about except to enjoy reading fantastic finds it offers. BTW I never had any interest in my relics, coins or whatever I find to be put up on this Banner thing or asked anyone to vote for this gold coin. It seems like now where there was a small brush fire a forrest fire has erupted and time to put some water on that my friends. So 1320 if I assumed u were referencing me and a wrong u have my sincere apology. In closing I have made friends before I left in DEc of 2104 and more when back on. Enjoy reading about what u all find and just want to continue telling my history. So keep swinging the coils my friends and keep the drama at a minimum please. Gary
    Last edited by Castineman1779; Jul 11, 2019 at 10:41 AM.
    PetesPockets55 likes this.

Dec 2004
    East Central Kentucky
    1973 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Castineman1779 View Post
    This post is about remarks made earlier by 1320 and if u want to go back a page can check them out. I don't often write about ,I guess we are called OPs, but not not letting his slide by giving anyone an opinion about me that is not right. So that is an interesting bunch of comments to make about I will have to assume me since directed to the 6 year Hiatus ". He writes this rules thing " and straight out of the "Hit & Run " Members , who show up to post an amazing find then leave again in 6 months". To continue he wrote " A 6 year hiatus, as mentioned by the OP 's opening statement , probably followed by ANOTHER hiatus "And my favorite " You just can't show up on game day , you gotta practice and be part of the team."
    First of all u know nothing about me if I am that OP and if u t0ok the time to check out my profile and post from April of 2013 to when I left on Dec 26th 2014, yes if u did the math 1 year and I think 8 months , u might know I played the game well, interacted with other OPS and often made comments about others finds . Am a FULL MEMBER . Yes u could have done that and saved your opinions so I did not have to respond here. A for my hiatus life happens and don't need to explain that . Now I wil be doing a new post soon about this Banner thing. I came back on Tnet since it is the best venue to share with all of u the history that is "The Penobscot Expedition" . Banner again I don't give a rat's butt about except to enjoy reading fantastic finds it offers. BTW I never had any interest in my relics, coins or whatever I find to be put up on this Banner thing or asked anyone to vote for this gold coin. It seems like now where there was a small brush fire a forrest fire has erupted and time to put some water on that my friends. In closing I have made friends before I left and more when back on. Enjoy reading about what u all find so keep swinging the coils my friends and keep the drama at a minimum . Gary
    Yes, OP is you (Original Poster). The "comments" I made are direct quotes from the Treasurenet Banner Rules (with the exception of my "game day" comment). The whole point of my post was to offer potential reasons why your find hasn't earned a Banner spot. No, I don't make it a habit of looking up Member history, you yourself plainly stated your hiatus. A big absolutely not, this isn't a forest fire, brush fire and anything along those lines. If anything, my post probably put out a brush fire. The "hit and run" rule is fairly recent and not many know about it or have forgotten about.

Again, my post was not stating an opinion about you (your mentioned that three times!), only opinions why your find hasn't made it to the top. I also gave a reason why your find WILL make it to the top but in the cherry picking, you most likely missed that "opinion."

Hopefully you also understand that my reply to your post also bumped your post to the top of the Today's Finds forum (you're welcome). Matter of fact, I will have bumped this thread three times when I hit the "submit reply" button. (You're welcome).

Ya know, I was hoping your find would make Banner (it probably will) just for the simple reason that a lot of members like it and voted for it. Peace out, you can bump your own post now.

us
    Rev WAr history guy

Apr 2013
    Maine
    XP Deus, DFX
    519 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1320 View Post
    Yes, OP is you (Original Poster). The "comments" I made are direct quotes from the Treasurenet Banner Rules (with the exception of my "game day" comment). The whole point of my post was to offer potential reasons why your find hasn't earned a Banner spot. No, I don't make it a habit of looking up Member history, you yourself plainly stated your hiatus. A big absolutely not, this isn't a forest fire, brush fire and anything along those lines. If anything, my post probably put out a brush fire. The "hit and run" rule is fairly recent and not many know about it or have forgotten about.

Again, my post was not stating an opinion about you (your mentioned that three times!), only opinions why your find hasn't made it to the top. I also gave a reason why your find WILL make it to the top but in the cherry picking, you most likely missed that "opinion."

Hopefully you also understand that my reply to your post also bumped your post to the top of the Today's Finds forum (you're welcome). Matter of fact, I will have bumped this thread three times when I hit the "submit reply" button. (You're welcome).

Ya know, I was hoping your find would make Banner (it probably will) just for the simple reason that a lot of members like it and voted for it. Peace out, you can bump your own post now.
    Yes thank u for that . Yup just had my say for what it is worth before reading your post and yes bumped it up again but not for this Elite Banner thing but just stating my opinion. Probably more now get bumped off Tnet verse bumped up. Remember I wrote before don't give a rat's petunia if Banner or not. I still don't . I think it is water under the bridge at this point and should be. Doubt if the Mods call them will go back or try again. U had your say I had my say so I think time to move on.

Dec 2004
    East Central Kentucky
    1973 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Yes thank u for that . Yup just had my say for what it is worth before reading your post and yes bumped it up again but not for this Elite Banner thing but just stating my opinion. Probably more now get bumped off Tnet verse bumped up. Remember I wrote before don't give a rat's petunia if Banner or not. I still don't . I think it is water under the bridge at this point and should be. Doubt if the Mods call them will go back or try again. U had your say I had my say so I think time to move on.
    A find from May just made it to the banner today.

us
    Rev WAr history guy

Apr 2013
    Maine
    XP Deus, DFX
    519 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Straight from the rule book ladies and gentlemen.......

"and not be Hit & run Members, who show up to post an amazing find then leave again for 6 months ."

A 6 year hiatus as mentioned in the OP's opening sentence, probably followed by another hiatus. I absolutely love this Banner rule. You can't just show up on game day and expect to play, you gotta practice and be part of the team.

Disclaimer: Every time I quote a banner rule on an item that members are lobbying for or complaining about, the item usually makes the Banner lol!
    Well there now did u get that post taking off? Well at least a few folks got to see it before and a few folks in your corner. It was a heathy argument that will go nowhere now and maybe your design. . RU sure u r not a moderator? How do u know a Banner item coming up from a May listing? Just curious.
    Last edited by Castineman1779; Jul 11, 2019 at 03:01 PM.

Dec 2004
    East Central Kentucky
    1973 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Well there now did u get that post taking off? Well at least a few folks got to see it before and a few folks in your corner. It was a heathy argument that will go nowhere now and maybe your design. . RU sure u r not a moderator? How do u know a Banner item coming up from a May listing? Just curious.
    Uh no, not a moderator but a full time member since 2009 with no hit and run. Matter of fact, I received a 30 day ban recently. If you click on the newest banner, you’ll notice that the find and original post was late May. Simply speculating, the post that was removed probably violated Treasurenet rules not to mention, you posted it in the wrong sub forum.

How many more times would you like me to bump your post?! Lol! (Laughing Out Loud). I practice with the team, I’m familiar with the rules, sometimes my tenor helps explaining the rules, much like what I was doing when I commented on your post.

I regret that my input has caused this post to loose it’s focus.

Your find is awesome, it is banner worthy. I enjoyed the research and History Lesson. Let’s keep the discussion about your find and story!

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola
    21321 times
    Banner Finds (7)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Castineman1779, it is not uncommon for a great find to become a "banner" 30+ days or so after the original post. I suppose one possible reason is there was a similar item in the banner.

For instance, in gold coins, if there are one or more in a banner already, until something else pushed one "out", a new different kind of find that is, any other gold coin may have to sit awhile before it makes the banner.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    29376 times
    1320 had nothing to do with your thread being removed at all, it was removed because it violated our rules. Case closed, please move on.
    Last edited by Treasure_Hunter; Jul 11, 2019 at 06:19 PM.
    1320 likes this.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

us
    Rev WAr history guy

Apr 2013
    Maine
    XP Deus, DFX
    519 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter View Post
    1320 had nothing to do with your thread being removed at all, it was removed because it violated our rules. Case closed, please move on.
    Thank u for mentioning that of which he will indeed get my apology. MOvi8ng on I have done. Gar4y
    Treasure_Hunter and 1320 like this.

us
    Rev WAr history guy

Apr 2013
    Maine
    XP Deus, DFX
    519 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Uh no, not a moderator but a full time member since 2009 with no hit and run. Matter of fact, I received a 30 day ban recently. If you click on the newest banner, you’ll notice that the find and original post was late May. Simply speculating, the post that was removed probably violated Treasurenet rules not to mention, you posted it in the wrong sub forum.

How many more times would you like me to bump your post?! Lol! (Laughing Out Loud). I practice with the team, I’m familiar with the rules, sometimes my tenor helps explaining the rules, much like what I was doing when I commented on your post.

I regret that my input has caused this post to loose it’s focus.

Your find is awesome, it is banner worthy. I enjoyed the research and History Lesson. Let’s keep the discussion about your find and story!
    1320 my apology to u as just found out from one of the moderators my post violated their rules and they not u took it down. I just got home and read both of your posts and answering each now. I thank u for the many bumps and appreciate the kind words about the coin. After all it is still my belief a great should stand on it own regardless of the history of the finder. . AS the moderator wrote "Let' move on" and so I shall. Gary
    Treasure_Hunter and 1320 like this.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links