Abandoned House Hunt

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IMG_0319.JPG IMG_0320.JPG We hunted an old abandoned house not far from where we live. We also hunted the property across the street from the house thinking that possibly a long time ago before the road was built it would have been part of the property the house is on. The back yard of the house was littered with all kinds of debris....boards and other junk so was for the most part not "huntable". The lot across the street had grass that was a foot tall from not being mowed. Due to some type of electrical interference I had to turn my sensitivity way down to keep the detector stable, frequency shifts didn't help at all. We hunted in all metal and other than low iron grunts there were no mid range or high range signals. We hunted for an hour or so and were totally "skunked".

Upvote 9

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Well the way I look this is you are one location closer to a sweet spot. Better luck next time out!

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Maybe try early morning or early evening on a weekend when the weather is moderate. I’ve found that detecting under power lines can be vastly different depending on the time of day, guessing this is due to overall grid draw, like hot afternoon and everyone has the AC running.

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Then again, it's been said that paranormal phenomena can disturb electromagnetic fields... perhaps your old abandoned house isn't so abandoned after all? :wink:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well alot of the fun is what you might find that had to be fun anyway keep rippin

OP
OP
Clad2Silver

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well the way I look this is you are one location closer to a sweet spot. Better luck next time out!
Thanks, maybe we'll go again if the grass gets mowed.

Maybe try early morning or early evening on a weekend when the weather is moderate. I’ve found that detecting under power lines can be vastly different depending on the time of day, guessing this is due to overall grid draw, like hot afternoon and everyone has the AC running.
The weather was actually quite cool, I doubt anyone was running an AC or their lights.

Then again, it's been said that paranormal phenomena can disturb electromagnetic fields... perhaps your old abandoned house isn't so abandoned after all? :wink:
Maybe I'd need to call GhostBusters?

Well alot of the fun is what you might find that had to be fun anyway keep rippin
Absolutely was fun……..The house isn't going anywhere in case we decide to go back and give it another try.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looks like the place has potential! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread