270.7 KB · Views: 152
Upvote 29

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Reanm8er

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2018
Shenandoah Valley Va
Detector(s) used
WW2 Mine Detector, 2 Garrets and an Underwater Fisher (Older Machines)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dear BLK HOLE,

The threat in our area these days is not so much snakes as spiders! I live about 60 miles from "Mordor" and have enough spider varieties to make a field guide! Black widows out the wazoo! When you transfer your wood into the shed rake it out onto the ground first and tumble it over. That gives the spiders and snakes a chance to run off. I hope you're not in great falls, you might see anything!

Best wishes!

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dear BLK HOLE,

The threat in our area these days is not so much snakes as spiders! I live about 60 miles from "Mordor" and have enough spider varieties to make a field guide! Black widows out the wazoo! When you transfer your wood into the shed rake it out onto the ground first and tumble it over. That gives the spiders and snakes a chance to run off. I hope you're not in great falls, you might see anything!

Best wishes!
Roger all! There are all sorts of spiders and such in there so I will definitely heed your advice about using a rake. I am about 15 miles from Great Falls and Mordor so I will keep my eyes peeled for Black Widows and Orcs:icon_thumleft:

Reanm8er

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2018
Shenandoah Valley Va
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes it's hard to recognize an Orc in a three piece suit with a flag pin, LOL!

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum, TRX Pin-pointer, Garrett AT Pro Pin-pointer, Eagle II SL with Bigfoot, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I am glad I don’t see these in New England. Glad you are both OK. Happy hunting creskol!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did it ring up like a copper penny lol

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few times in getting the land ready for my daughter, I'd be out there past dark working down in the woods with headlamp. Started noticing hundreds of what looked like tiny jewels everywhere my light shone. I'm thinking that there's no way the dew had fallen that early, so I walked toward one until I could see it up close. Spider eyes. Little jokers were everywhere in the leaves. Now I know.

Reanm8er

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2018
Shenandoah Valley Va
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to work at the C&O Canal NHP on the Maryland side of the Potomac. One morning the grounds keepers found a young boy along the tow path convulsing and foaming from the mouth. They called for an ambulance and we understood he made it but he had picked up a handful of Copperhead hatchlings and put them in his pocket for bait. Unsafe at any age!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread