Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree356Likes

Thread: Gold makes it worth the wait! ....tip of the iceberg....???

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    May 2019
    San Diego, CA
    16 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    That is awesome! Congrats and sounds like it's well earned. Can't wait to hear the whole story once you can tell it.
    Inspector and BVI Hunter like this.

gb
    Virgin Hunter

Apr 2013
    VIRGIN ISLANDS
    ACE 250 AT Pro SEA HUNTER 2 Garrett Pro Pointer Ghost Amphibian Headphones Vibra Probe 580 Vibra Tector 730
    1725 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Thanks all, for the LIKES, comments and messages
    It's OK to be disappointed AFTER you dug it - as long as you never forget; that BEFORE you dug it, it had the POTENTIAL to be life changing!

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    Equinox 800
    26286 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Amazing find banner I wish you lots of luck hope you find more. Tommy

Approved TreasureNet Stickers

.:: $3.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::.
    .:: $2.25 for 1" x 4" Detector Sticker ::.
    (Free Shipping)

SEE: TreasureNet Bumper Stickers

gb
    Virgin Hunter

Apr 2013
    VIRGIN ISLANDS
    ACE 250 AT Pro SEA HUNTER 2 Garrett Pro Pointer Ghost Amphibian Headphones Vibra Probe 580 Vibra Tector 730
    1725 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by A2coins View Post
    Amazing find banner I wish you lots of luck hope you find more. Tommy
    I'm sure hoping the effort and 100's of hours research pays off!!
    Underwonder, A2coins and Inspector like this.
    It's OK to be disappointed AFTER you dug it - as long as you never forget; that BEFORE you dug it, it had the POTENTIAL to be life changing!

us
    Oct 2011
    3178 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    ...something to consider...that is not a new world mint mark, the coin comes from the Seville mint in Spain.

us
    May 2019
    illinois
    AT Pro
    91 times
    That is just awesome!! Research, Research and more Research will in time always be rewarded! I have learned that well ,Patients and Research
    BVI Hunter, A2coins and Inspector like this.

gb
    Virgin Hunter

Apr 2013
    VIRGIN ISLANDS
    1725 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by unclemac View Post
    ...something to consider...that is not a new world mint mark, the coin comes from the Seville mint in Spain.
    Thanks! I had not noticed that, nor would I have done as coins are not my "thing"!!
    What mark do you refer to and being minted there, does that have any significance? is it good or bad news!!??

Thanks again!
    A2coins likes this.

us
    Oct 2011
    3178 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    on the reverse side down at the bottom you have the sheep, that is the "order of the golden fleece", to the left of that is an odd looking "s". The S is the mint mark for Seville, which means the coin was minted in Spain. During that period of time, Spain was producing huge amounts of gold and silver from all over the new world and had several mints in South and Central America. Now I do not know what you are pursuing here with your find and the potential of your site, but for instance, a New World treasure ship should not have such a coin.

gb
    Virgin Hunter

Apr 2013
    VIRGIN ISLANDS
    1725 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    on the reverse side down at the bottom you have the sheep, that is the "order of the golden fleece", to the left of that is an odd looking "s". The S is the mint mark for Seville, which means the coin was minted in Spain. During that period of time, Spain was producing huge amounts of gold and silver from all over the new world and had several mints in South and Central America. Now I do not know what you are pursuing here with your find and the potential of your site, but for instance, a New World treasure ship should not have such a coin.
    Thanks!!

So that would indicate that it came FROM Spain to where I found it, as opposed to being minted in the region I found it? Would it be unusual for this to happen? Would they bring currency from Spain to buy / trade etc? or just perhaps be in the possession of the crew?

I wonder how this affects my Wreck theory?
    Last edited by BVI Hunter; Jun 12, 2019 at 10:33 AM.
    A2coins and Inspector like this.

us
    Jun 2013
    East Tennessee
    6573 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BVI Hunter View Post
    Thanks!! have been sailing the seven seas with my head in books and maps!!
    So, you finally got that Super Yacht you always used to talk about??!! Anyways, congrats Captain and friend!! I sure hope you find lots and lots of more of those yellow discs!

Frank
    BVI Hunter and Inspector like this.

gb
    Virgin Hunter

Apr 2013
    VIRGIN ISLANDS
    1725 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntsman53 View Post
    So, you finally got that Super Yacht you always used to talk about??!! Anyways, congrats Captain and friend!! I sure hope you find lots and lots of more of those yellow discs!

Frank
    Still trying for the yacht Frank!!
    huntsman53 likes this.

us
    Jun 2013
    East Tennessee
    6573 times
    I understand where you are going with this and if true, there would likely not be much in the form of treasure on the ship. However, the ship could quite possibly be a treasure laden ship but the coin that BVI Hunter found may have actually been the property of the Captain, one of the crew or a passenger. If BVI Hunter has found any information as to the identity of the ship, that will likely tell whether it was laden with treasure or not!
    Last edited by huntsman53; Jun 12, 2019 at 10:54 AM.

Welcome back.

Looks like your on the trail of another great discovery - CONGRATS
    BVI Hunter, unclemac and Inspector like this.
    TOO BUSY TO DETECT,YOU'RE TOO BUSY!!!

'Time isn't money it's finds, unless your finds are money' 08/12/17
    'No good comes from thinking about how much time we waste detecting, as wasted time is good soul time' 25/06/08
    A real man thinks about detecting every 6 seconds.
    'They look over their shoulder, I look to the ground' 30/09/12
    We can not understand ourselves unless we understand our HISTORY.
    PMA:Positive MetalDetecting Attitude.
    Why is knowledge power, when life is passing on sh*t... 03/03/19
    ONE LIFE - DETECT IT

gb
    Virgin Hunter

Apr 2013
    VIRGIN ISLANDS
    1725 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by releventchair View Post
    The link shows a book about earthquakes??

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links