HAD TO FLY ACROSS THE COUNTRY TO FIND SILVER! PART2

re-tek

Jul 15, 2007
miami fl
Detector(s) used
coinstrike, tigershark, ace250, OLD radioshack
went back out today near where i found my 1902 half dollar (resort spot in west virginia). found an area that must have been popular with scouts. i found a silver quarter and a few wheats in one spot and a girl scouts copper pin not far from it. right across the creek from that spot i found a merc dime in real nice condition except for a stain. if i can get that stain out it looks like its in real nice shape. check out the detail in on the back!

Attachments

• silver 1.JPG
    silver 1.JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 346
  • silver 2.JPG
    silver 2.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 344
Upvote 0

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coin collectors like a little toning but not like that. Great finds. i hope they clean up nicely for you.

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Congrats again, re-tek, on your Part II trip. Your merc may clean up for you. It doesn't look like a silver oxide mark...more like something was lying up against the coin for a long time....If that was a 26S, I'd be cryin'.

Is there gonna be a Part III?

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

cwdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2007
Greenville,NC
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, Teknetics T2 Ltd, GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
congrats loved the 1st trip now the 2nd trip has turned just as good if not better ;D nice lookin coins congrats

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds----I have had good luck cleaning up stained silver dimes using ultrabrite tooth paste and a tooth brush---Takes quite a bit of scrubbing.
[ not for key dates]

Southern_Boy

Feb 2, 2007
New York State..Vestal, NY
Detector(s) used
Fischer CZ-3D
Enjoyed looking at what you found, That is a really nice Mercury dime would be interested in finding out how you clean it and what it will look like after you are done. Still you had a great and productive day I would say. ;D

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds.I have a silver dollar that was totaly black on both sides and i used comet,water and just rubed it with my fingers.looks great now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions