Route66

Mar 25, 2019
Guntersville, AL
Detector(s) used
White's 6000D
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've not been very active lately because it has been so hot here in the south. Today was a perfect day so I went to a small town, here in Alabama, where I had some luck before and I got permission from a really nice old gentleman to detect his yard. His house was built (c) 1920.

I immediately started getting a few Wheaties so that made me think that silver was possible. After about an hour, I got a high tone and when I opened up the hole the Walking Liberty Half, the Roosevelt Dime and the silver War Nickel were in the same hole. I ended up finding two Merc's to go along with them. I still have most of the back yard to detect and he said I could come back anytime .. even if he's not home. He even went to Chick-Fil-A and brought me back lunch! Of course I sat on his front porch, earlier, and talked to him for about an hour. You meet a lot of nice people when you knock on doors. I very seldom get a sour puss. Maybe it's a southern thing :)

Coins11.jpg

Upvote 33

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Man, those are some great finds. Old people are the best. They don't give a **** about someone digging in the grass. They're too old to care. Nice finds!

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome on all accounts. taking a little time to visit sure paid off big time

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds. Not very often a silver spill is posted.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome!!! Congrats!!!

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey 66, you canNOT beat a great day such as that!! Multiple silvers, lunch, a new site AND you made a friend! That's a win win win win. We were 1 for 2 on permissions last weekend, one woman answered the door and was talking through the glass door, couldn't hear a word she said...but we did understand the head wagging back and forth. Congrats on your big day, relish it, remember it...we don't get many days like that. Ddf.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent hunt. I think that man was the exception rather than the rule. Just letting you look around his yard was great, but I've never had any homeowner bring me lunch ! It has to be a Southern thing.

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31โ€ Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
Sweet haul, I had a woman buy me and Tnet member Dts52 lunch while we detected her momโ€™s yard last week and we definitely made a new friend.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt, very nice silver,:icon_thumleft: new friend and chow to boot!!

Inspector

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Finger Lakes Region, Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, w/6", Simplex+WHP, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Toltec, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great silver haul with a big one included, the owner sounds like a standup guy, good for taking the extra time to sit & visit, congrats on all

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice silver hunt! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread