A dangerous first

NoThisIsPatrick

Jan 8, 2015
Washington
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, I happened upon a first in my metal detecting career- a fully extended switchblade. Luckily, I dug the handle end from the ground. I wouldn’t have been nearly as happy had I grabbed the still-sharp extended blade!

Still a nice find!

Btw, does anyone know how I should go about trying to fix it? I tried washing off the dirt and got most of it, but the blade sill won’t shut ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1560489860.695246.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1560489901.046937.jpg

Upvote 21

GeoW

Jul 12, 2005
Coastal Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II, XP Deus, XP ORX, Nautilus DMCllBa, Troy X5 Shadow, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Outlaw
Send it to Benchmade. Not a cheap knife, worth having repaired.

g

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find i hear ya with being lucky I dig alot of old fishing lures great find

Reanm8er

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2018
Shenandoah Valley Va
Detector(s) used
WW2 Mine Detector, 2 Garrets and an Underwater Fisher (Older Machines)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice work Patrick, congrats!
Are you saying won't close or won't latch? The button has to be depressed to close the knife. There is also a lock, probably sliding, that locks the button. Make sure both of those operate freely. Use some penetrating oil around the button and inside the hinge. If everything is free the knife should work. It doesn't look like it's been in the ground that long.

Best wishes!

namxat

Feb 2, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wear good leather gloves and keep your tetanus shots up to date.

Greets

Namxat

Aug 5, 2015
Detector(s) used
Entry level POS that I found in the thickets along a river.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You lucky dog! That is a made in USA Benchmade knife, and it's damn near as good a pocket knife as a man can have. That knife will clean wonderfully, and you can carry it every day and use it for the rest of your life. I am guilty of occasional desultory lurking around beer can laden campsites in the deep and crazy woods looking for something just like that!

Congratulations, my friend. That is a way better find than a mountain of dirty old pennies, no matter how old they are!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice find, congrats! :occasion14:

It may be worth the cost to have it repaired.

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good knife. Get'er fixed and toss in the bag of tools!! :icon_thumright:

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find like others said a great knife I bought a fixed blade bench made knife 10 years ago and still use it every day and I’m rough on knifes

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find on a well-made knife. Make sure it is legal in your state to possess in your state before you go spending money on a repair. (IMHO) Sub 8-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions