Brendan75

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2017
Pretoria
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800/ Garrett AT pro/ Minelab X- terra 305/ Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all. Hope everyone is well. I just had to share this find i found yesterday afternoon. I am still on the road and will only be home tonight to clean my finds. So i only have a picture of the medal as it came out of the ground. I did damage the medal in the recovery process:BangHead: as the ground is very hard. I nearly gave up on the target but kept on digging through the hard soil. I used my Equinox on this hunt and was digging in some fields with old house foundations. The medal came out of the ground in front of a house foundation. My one friend did some research and it turns out to be a Silver British Victorian QSA Medal, Relief of Mafeking, Transvaal, Rhodesia. I am super happy about this find. Its probably my best find in all my years of detecting. I am going to see if i can get this medal professionally repaired. Never thought i would find something like this. I have found some other finds yesterday as well but will post them when i have cleaned them.

Thanks for looking and Happy Hunting to all

WM1.jpg

The medal came out of the ground in front of this house foundation. I still had to close the hole

WM2.jpg

My best find ever

Last edited:
Upvote 18

Aureus

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2016
Eastern Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's an amazing historical find,congratulations! Please post some pics after the cleaning.

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
British medal have the soldiers name and outfit stamped on the edge. It should become evident upon cleaning. Gary

OP
OP
Brendan75

Brendan75

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2017
Pretoria
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800/ Garrett AT pro/ Minelab X- terra 305/ Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
British medal have the soldiers name and outfit stamped on the edge. It should become evident upon cleaning. Gary

Thank you for the info. I did not know that. I have not looked at the edge of the medal yet. I will clean it up and re post the find. If there is a name still visible i will take a photo of the edge of the coin and post it as well.

Regards Brendan

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is what this hobby is about. Great find that is really freakin cool. Would be fun tosee who it belonged to many stuff we find coins from 1700s ect have no story to go with them. Hope you can find a name amazing Well done

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That’s an incredible find. Beautiful condition too. Should look great after it’s cleaned, polished and put in a nice display case. Now if the name is on the edge and you search for any living family member I’m sure they would be forever grateful. Congrats Brendan.

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Awesome best find for you. That is a great save and a piece of history to behold. Congrats!!

Reanm8er

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2018
Shenandoah Valley Va
Detector(s) used
WW2 Mine Detector, 2 Garrets and an Underwater Fisher (Older Machines)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very, Very nice Brendan, congrats!

It looks like it will clean up really well!

Many happy returns!

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a terrific piece of historical treasure - a great find! Congrats to ya mate! :skullflag: :occasion14:

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find :occasion14: Post a picture when you have it cleaned up and researched further. That may be a Banner find.
You have been finding a lot of cool medals and badges.

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A beautiful find......Congratulations

Inspector

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Finger Lakes Region, Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, w/6", Simplex+WHP, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Toltec, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Totally awesome save Brendan, that medal is beautiful, congratulations on the save & I agree with Steve that it may be a Banner save. BOL

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice find, congrats! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions