Route66

Mar 25, 2019
Guntersville, AL
Detector(s) used
White's 6000D
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yesterday, I decided to go back to a small town in Alabama (about 40 minutes from me). I've had some of my best permissions here and the town has a total population of only 3,400 people. I decided to go back to one of my first permissions that I got back in early April. I've hunted this house three times, and I had gotten a total of 9 silver coins here (including 2 silver half dollars) but the last time I was there I only found a few Wheaties. I decided to slow it down .. so I put my NOX in recovery speed 3 and increased the sensitivity a bit. After about an hour I found the 1943 Merc. I really didn't think I had left any silver in this yard. Well, about 2 hours after that I got a high tone but it was choppy but I decided to dig it anyway. Out popped the worn 1907 Barber Dime. There was a large nail next to the Barber and that was causing the choppy sound. I covered the hole and immediately to it's left I got another high tone. This time it was the 1918 Merc. Then about 6 inches from that I found the "Bowtie" 5 cent token. So now I've gotten 12 silver coins from this yard and a total of 30 silver coins from this small town.

I'm learning that if you slow down you can still find great coins in areas that you thought you had hunted out.

Coins12.jpg

Upvote 17

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow thats a honey hole keep rippin em my friend

mddavis3

May 13, 2019
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice finds! I need to slow down myself and see what happens.

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice handful of saves. I like the old lock and silver is always welcome. Congrats

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a nice pile of plunder there - congrats on your treasures mate! :skullflag: :occasion14:

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for sharing your change in method and settings, that is helpful and kind all in one!............63bkpkr

Dennis1209

Dec 23, 2018
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Etrac & NOX 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yep, low and slow is the ticket. My default setting is cover as much ground as quickly as you can. I'm constantly reminding myself to creep along and don't lose concentration.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice silver run, congrats! :occasion14:

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a cool mini lock! Can you make out the lettering on the shackle?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread