Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
“””UPDATE PICS DOWN BELOW”. Went to the Fort and dug this 6” inside the Fort in the white shells. Hard digging. Doing electrolysis now. Any ax men out there to age this beauty? Will take pics after.

Before IMG_2708.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 30
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You have shells. I have clay and chert (clay,rocks,and very little dirt). You found and own a piece of America history. Was it used in battle, was it used on a ship, or was it used to build a fort? If it was mine... I would sit and stare at it and just wonder.

I’m going to go look at it again lol

Highett I was just researching this spot just now. This could be is 20 x 20 section of shells I discovered. IMG_2740.jpg

Oh and clay man trust me summer Louisiana clay is like asphalt IMG_3202.jpg

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That’ll work better than electrolysis or just as good?

Works as good ,Vinegar takes about 7 days but is much safer . If you want to see how sharp the axe blade is , try it out on those dreadful hats you have .chop chop lol TP

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Works as good ,Vinegar takes about 7 days but is much safer . If you want to see how sharp the axe blade is , try it out on those dreadful hats you have .chop chop lol TP

No need people tell me I’m already SHARP when the hat is on my head (which is everyday....everywhere). I’m in Trumpville America [emoji631][emoji631][emoji631] Lol IMG_1780.jpg

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You have shells. I have clay and chert (clay,rocks,and very little dirt). You found and own a piece of America history. Was it used in battle, was it used on a ship, or was it used to build a fort? If it was mine... I would sit and stare at it and just wonder.

Hey I also found this in the same spot but not as deep as the tomahawk IMG_2743.jpg IMG_2744.jpg

It’s just the digging is so hard there and with the heat and humidity I can’t go that long. Takes me a hour to get there and I can on dig 2 hours max and I only find something 1 outta 5 trips so far. Gotta stay positive:))

Hughett

May 11, 2019
Northwest GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett gta x 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Way to go T. This is a dope find. We don’t have almost anything of that age put this way so your finds have me in awe. Keep it coming!

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Way to go T. This is a dope find. We don’t have almost anything of that age put this way so your finds have me in awe. Keep it coming!

Thanks washingtonian I’ve been pretty lucky. I haven’t found as much this year, but I’ve hit my most bucket listers this year. Crazy hobby

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nagant that's a great link thanks! I'm back to tomahawk again. That link shows several hafted with flat handles instead of round...Way to go Truth!

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nagant that's a great link thanks! I'm back to tomahawk again. That link shows several hafted with flat handles instead of round...Way to go Truth!

Thanks smallfoot that link was so insightful I learned a lot and I love my TOMAHAWK!!! [emoji3590]

Thank you so much smallfoot

Last edited:

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aw shucks it's out of stock and you were going to buy two huh?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread