The little brass buckle

southernbandit

Mar 21, 2003
Scottsboro Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Whites DXF
Good morning all,
A friend of mine was walking a cotton field a few days ago looking for arrow heads and found a saddle shield. It didn't have any writing on it that we could see, but it looks like many Civil War shields that I have seen. Yesterday I went out at lunch to walk the same field with my metal detector. Most of my finds were just junk. :D
But then I found this little buckle, and if you look real close you can see what looks like to me 3 little wolf tracks or prints. I think it also says SOLID on the middle crossbar but can't be for sure. I just wonder do any of you think it's Civil War. I'm going to try and go back today at lunch and walk a few more rows, the cotton plants are still in the field so it's a little tight.
Hope everyone has a Great Day! ;D
Bandit

Attachments

• MVC-005F.JPG
    MVC-005F.JPG
    113.6 KB · Views: 250
  • MVC-006F.JPG
    MVC-006F.JPG
    115.9 KB · Views: 233
  • MVC-008F.JPG
    MVC-008F.JPG
    107.1 KB · Views: 251
Upvote 0

MarkDz

Oct 1, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver UMax
I'm not a Civil War expert, but I think that might be a period suspender buckle. Cool find!

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
MarkDz said:
I'm not a Civil War expert, but I think that might be a period suspender buckle. Cool find!

Ditto,,, ;D
I've seen some very similar to that on "Civil War Relic" sites. I believe the ones they had, were either inscribed with "Solid", or "Superior", I can't quite remember,,, it's been awhile since I seen them and can't find the link...

Great find,
Continued Good luck, & Happy hunting~

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great buckle. I hope you get some more goodies out of that field. Make sure you keep your eyes peeled for arrowheads along the way. I've picked up a few while detecting this year.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Knee buckle?

Lee43

Oct 29, 2006
East central Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Congrats on your find, I believe you have a suspender buckle, have dug a number of them in camps around Fredericksburg, Virginia.

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Nice buckle and sure hope that field produces more!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread