First silver spill contributes to four silver day!

DirtDigginDan

Jul 3, 2018
Buffalo,MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett Propointer 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went back to the town I found my Barber dime in and hit more sidewalks on Saturday. Judging by what I`ve covered so far, its gonna take awhile to completely
hit this place!

The day started out slow with a wheat on the first hole again, and then a few wheats but mostly clad for the next three hours until I hit a strip closer to the
middle of town and after some digging, I was able to find a 1962 Rosy, first silver of the day, nice.

Shortly after it started raining, so I went and got something to eat, and then decided to try the other side of town, after about an hour I was by a little church
and dug up a shiny Rosy, I thought I had another silver, but the rim wasn`t shiny so I cleaned it a bit and it was just a clad dime, bummer.:icon_pale:

After a couple more hours I was thinking I wasn`t gonna find anymore today, so I decided to walk a couple more blocks, then hit another smaller town on the
way home.

About halfway thru the next block I got a 27-29 signal that was jumping around a bit and high toning, so after digging the hole, it took awhile to find the target
which was a 1940 Mercury! I proceeded to fill in the hole and when I got up I ran the detector over it like I always do and got another hit.

I opened back up the hole and had to widen it a bit and after digging around some more, out pops a 1943 Washington! Wow! my first silver spill!!:headbang:

Glad I kept going, so that kind of pumped me up to go on for another hour or two, so after finishing that block I drove over to the next block.

Once I got out of the truck I went about 50 feet down the sidewalk and got a strong signal again, after getting the plug out I see another shiny in the hole!

Turns out to be silver number four of the day, a 1943 Merc! After that I found a few more wheats and it was time to go home, I was tired!

Didn`t realize it at the time but I ended up with 20 more wheats for the day, another good day of digging.

Also found a couple of baby birds during the day, must have been the day for them to leave the nest.

20190615_140309.jpg 20190616_012730.jpg 20190615_170004.jpg 20190616_013040.jpg 20190615_133531(0).jpg

Upvote 20

SWINGER1969

May 11, 2019
Morristown,Minnesota
Detector(s) used
garrett at max, bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow great day for you. congrats. i only found 5 wheaties and a 41 washington. and some clad and a gold plated watch.

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice handful of saves. I like the silvers. Congrats

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for sharing the nice coin shooting! :occasion14:

PullTabPete

Jun 14, 2012
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal II E-trac EQ 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds, any old wheats out of the 20?

Inspector

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Finger Lakes Region, Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, w/6", Simplex+WHP, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Toltec, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great day of hunting, nice silvers to make the day, nice wheat haul too, congrats on the saves

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread