2002;A Qtr Oddessy!!

cintisteve

Oct 29, 2006
West Chester Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's V3I,White's xlt,Fisher F4,Tesoro Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I needed 26 qtrs to break the 2000 mark. I found 28. The 26th took over an hour to find. Im about as sore as can be.Too stubborn to quit;before I reached the mark. I found asoldier to guard all my loot and a jeep to bring it home in. It was suggested that I take a pic of all the qtrs. Im sorry to say that I only have about 700 of them left. The used the rest to pay off my detector; and 2 coils and shafts;that I bought.Instead I will be posting todays finds ;along with a pic of the 2000th qtr in the ground.Sorry If if I have disappointed anyone.

When I started toward the goal; I never tohought about taking a pic of all of them together.
Last yr I cleaned all my coins during one setting. I had 4500 coins and took almost 10 days to tumble them all.This yr; I cleaned them in 3 settings so far.Hope you enjoy the pics.HH
Steve

Attachments

• P1011771.JPG
    P1011771.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 277
Upvote 0

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How many pennies did you have to pass over to get all of those quarters. Thats a great ratio. Congrats on the 2KQ goal.

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Wow, thats alot of quarters and congrats on finally getting that mark, lots of spending money too!!

Nick A

May 10, 2007
Columbus Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher CZ3D
Did you count silver quarters too? Wondering what your ratio of silver to clad quarters was.

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
CONGRADULATIONS!!!! You finally made your goal, that's a lot of quarters!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread