I eyeballed a GOLD RING!!!

Mvgirl

Aug 6, 2018
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter land ranger pro, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello folks! Hope you found some treasure today. I sure did! I was/am homeschooled (graduated today!!!) and was at my homeschool group soccer when I looked down randomly and found a squished piece of jewelry. I picked it up and it was all covered in white paint from them spraying the lines. But I saw a gold shine and saw that there was a marking of some sorts. I ran back to my bag and put it in so that I could continue playing the game. After getting home and scratching off the paint I started scratching my head instead. One of the markings looks like a hallmark, and the other three very faint numbers that I think are 535 or 585. I think 585 means 14k. However, why does the head of the ring look like silver? It looks like the gold is just on the edges of the square like it rubbed off or something... and the design on the side looks like silver that melts into gold. Could it be plated? I took it to Pandora and they didn't know what the markings were and they didn't have a metal tester. All that they told me is that the stone isnt a diamond. Also, my detector rings up gold with no trace of high tones at all. I'm super confused!!! Any suggestions or guesses???:icon_scratch:
20190624_215615.jpg 20190624_215716.jpg 20190624_161726.jpg 20190624_220155.jpg

Upvote 34
OP
OP
Mvgirl

Mvgirl

Aug 6, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I looks like gold to me. Is it heavy?

Why don’t you have a tester? Lol

I don't want to spend money on a tester. You think so? The thing that gets me is that it looks two colors... gold on the band and silver on the front. It's not that heavy but it's thin and the quare is hollow.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mvgirl

Mvgirl

Aug 6, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That looks like the real deal to me. Good going! Way to keep your eyes out.

Thanks! I wasnt looking for coins or anything... it was pure luck! Ill keep my eyes peeled when i go to fields from now on though. I want to take it to a pawn shop... I'm sure they'd have a tester to make sure they were buying real gold.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't want to spend money on a tester. You think so? The thing that gets me is that it looks two colors... gold on the band and silver on the front. It's not that heavy but it's thin and the quare is hollow.

I think you hit gold but I’m not getting that little silver streak. Being marked has me leaning to real. I hope it is because it’s to pretty to be not. IMG_2824.jpg

OP
OP
Mvgirl

Mvgirl

Aug 6, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find for you. Obviously, the person putting the paint / chalk down for the lines, was oblivious. Good eye.

OP
OP
Mvgirl

Mvgirl

Aug 6, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If it’s real promise me you’ll get it fixed a jeweler will do it cheap. Keep us updated [emoji1317]

It has cracks on the sides though. It got run over so you could bend it back into place but it would be weak because of cracks. Also it's a big ring... I don't think I could ware it. :( we will see how much it's worth and maybe I can get it fixed if it's not too much. It is a really cool ring. I'll keep you updated but it might be a few days till I get it checked out.

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The part you thought might be silver could be white gold or even platinum. Nice surface find!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on grsduating you could sell your detector and just swing your eye on a stick lol google hallmarks type in those .dont sell gold at a pawn shop most jewelers give fsir price and can check if its hold Well done My Girl did you win your game?

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have recovered white and yellow Gold combinations on a number of occassions. If it were gold plated Silver,, you would get a high reading on your detector.
Congrats on your find.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mvgirl

Mvgirl

Aug 6, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on grsduating you could sell your detector and just swing your eye on a stick lol google hallmarks type in those .dont sell gold at a pawn shop most jewelers give fsir price and can check if its hold Well done My Girl did you win your game?

Thanks! No we lost 6 to 4. We didn't win any this season. I scored a goal but then undid it by doing a handball in the box... they got a penelty shot and scored��. I won't sell at a pawn shop.

Owassokie

Jun 28, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats Mvgirl! Beautiful Ring. Sorry to hear about the rough soccer season.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions