I just wanted some bullets.

rjeffw

Mar 27, 2017
Western North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As you can see from my other post, we had a very productive day. I love all the finds that I got, however this next one holds a special place in my small collection. A small brass ring.
20190706_104433.jpg
Among all the tack and bullets was this one small ring. It rang up a solid 16 on the Nox and was very repeatable so I dug it, as it was not deep. When I first saw it, it just looked like a ring that would attach to a device or a machine, nothing special. As I can't see up close without my glasses I handed it over to by guide and I could tell, by his look that it was not a piece of scrap at all. He told me that it had 14 k stamped in it.
20190706_104328.jpg ]
Obviously it was plated, but this ring was thin, very thin. So I took it to a local jeweler that makes their wares by hand and he said it is most definitely hand made, and from that time no doubt. You can tell by the solid gold solder on the back of it.
20190706_143025.jpg
Based on all that and what I was able to research, and where I found it, I have concluded that this is the wedding band of a solider of that battle. The somberness of that really hits home, how personal this item is. I know it is not a gold coin or some rare artifact, but how many things do we find, have this much weight attached to them. For all I know this solider died with it on. I hope he just lost it.

Regardless I went out to find some bullets, and I came home with a very real piece of history.

Attachments

• 20190706_104420.jpg
    20190706_104420.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Upvote 8
OP
OP
rjeffw

rjeffw

Mar 27, 2017
Western North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok I am not sure why that attached thumbnail is there, but I didn't put it there.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome personal item recovery! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread