Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of our hardest to detect sites due to two high voltage power lines crossing the villa site. Our best choice for today so we gave it a try.

Lead
36309239ok.jpg

Musket balls, bale seals and two weird identical lead whatsits. :icon_scratch:
36309244lr.jpg

Buttons, buckle, coins, with a 1 Liard of Luttich 174x. https://www.ma-shops.de/sesambestcoins/item.php?id=45487
36309245uo.jpg

Roman stuff
36309246lw.jpg

My buddy made the find of the day with this bronze ring in stunning condition without any damage and beautiful patina.
36309947mx.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 25

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice hunt, are you using the Deus under the power lines or another machine??

Reanm8er

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2018
Shenandoah Valley Va
Detector(s) used
WW2 Mine Detector, 2 Garrets and an Underwater Fisher (Older Machines)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nicely done west front! Those identical pieces are interesting.

OP
OP
Westfront

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice hunt, are you using the Deus under the power lines or another machine??

Switched from my usual 12 to 18khz and cranked the sens down quite a bit. Still some annoying noise in the headphones, but swinging slowly the noise disappears whith the coil coming over a target. Sure i missed the small roman coins.

BTV Digger

Jul 24, 2014
Northern VT
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro; Fisher F2; Tesoro Silver UMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Excellent hunt and a nice variety of finds! Can you make out any of the lettering on the lead whats-its?

John

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds Thanks for sharing them . How old is that ring? Great post my friend.

Horst

Apr 13, 2017
Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 + SDC2300
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
congrats! A very nice find especially with lots of EMI

WG2020

Oct 9, 2018
SW Ohio
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Westfront, thank you for sharing your hunt. Definitely agree, your friend’s ring find is stunning. Looks like it will clean up nicely. Any idea on how old the ring is. Good luck with your hunts. WALT

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Switched from my usual 12 to 18khz and cranked the sens down quite a bit. Still some annoying noise in the headphones, but swinging slowly the noise disappears whith the coil coming over a target. Sure i missed the small roman coins.
The other option might be a lesser powered model, like an old Silver Sabre or similar.

We are having the same hard choices right now, but the flood gates are ready to burst for us all.:thumbsup:

You still got some finds, thats all you can do.

OP
OP
Westfront

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds Thanks for sharing them . How old is that ring? Great post my friend.
Westfront, thank you for sharing your hunt. Definitely agree, your friend’s ring find is stunning. Looks like it will clean up nicely. Any idea on how old the ring is. Good luck with your hunts. WALT

My hope is for 13thC. but could be 300 years younger. This design turned up in 13thC. and was still used 15-16thC.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Westfront

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The other option might be a lesser powered model, like an old Silver Sabre or similar.

We are having the same hard choices right now, but the flood gates are ready to burst for us all.:thumbsup:

You still got some finds, thats all you can do.

I'll stay with the Deus, it's just this site and fields become plenty as more farmers are willing to give permission. It really picks up speed. Not as fast as 'the Team' :thumbsup:, but i'm happy to have a good name that spreads out between the farmers.

OP
OP
Westfront

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey! Thanks all for the replies, hope to get some more finds to show soon. :occasion14:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll stay with the Deus, it's just this site and fields become plenty as more farmers are willing to give permission. It really picks up speed. Not as fast as 'the Team' :thumbsup:, but i'm happy to have a good name that spreads out between the farmers.
That's what its about!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread