Hawaii Finds - Few Years back (No Beach)

skispeed69

Apr 2, 2007
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, since everyone is showing off there mercs and such I wanted to post these. I have hunted from Japan to Kosovo and I have to admit, I love finding hammered silver but I really do miss the states.

I was stationed in Hawaii, I got the new XLT spectrum in 91. Went out to a little kiddy park and found a 66 gold class ring in 5 minutes. I was hooked for life after that. I mostly hunted the bases in Hawaii, Hickam, Pearl Harbor and Fort Shafter, Wheeler. Most of these places were used well before 1930, Hickam goes back to the 1800's. I used old 1907 Ariel's to find the spots no one knew about. And as you can see it paid.

I must of found 40 rings there. Seemed every other house on base had one. Alot of people asked if I could find rings they lost and I have found everyone of them for free.

I never did the beaches.... It was a waist of time for me since they were covered by about 100 retires that had nothing to do all week long but hit the beachs. Most were good guys but at Hanama Bay I met a complete as@. Some lady lost here ring. She knew it was in a 12ft square area. I was there with my brother, had a look around and sure enough I saw a old guy metal detecting. I went over told him I was into detecting and that this lady lost her ring. Asked if he could find it for her, probably would of taken 5 minutes. You would never guess what he says... Ya for $50 bucks. I could not believe it. I told him thanks but no thanks. Told my brother to guard the spot, went home and got the XLT, came back and there I got it. Here you go, no problems. I was proud of myself. My brother said as soon as I left to get my detector, the guy came over and tried to find it. My brother said if you get it are you going to give it back, he said finders keepers.... Right in front of the people... Moron. My bro made sure he did not detect there till I got back, hehe.

Anyway these are from about 1.5 years detecting in Hawaii, except for a few I found at a California Treasure Hunt.

SKi..

Attachments

• c1.jpg
    c1.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 369
  • c2.jpg
    c2.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 352
Upvote 5
OP
OP
skispeed69

skispeed69

Apr 2, 2007
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
more

Attachments

• c3.jpg
    c3.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 295
  • c4.jpg
    c4.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 300
OP
OP
skispeed69

skispeed69

Apr 2, 2007
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and a little more

Attachments

• c5.jpg
    c5.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 313
  • c6.jpg
    c6.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 314

Ed-NH

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer ll
I like the story about the @ss that you spoke of. I'm glad you found her ring. I bet she was very happy about that. Nice work.

OP
OP
skispeed69

skispeed69

Apr 2, 2007
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, She was happy, it was like a good 1.5 carot....

Ski...

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Deep in the Ozark Mountains
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, Whites TM 808, Sharptronics DSP-03
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Skispeed
Great finds. It looks that I will be heading to Kosovo after the first of the year. Can you point me in the direction of where to detect. Thanks for any help .....Steve

OP
OP
skispeed69

skispeed69

Apr 2, 2007
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check around the towns there, The Romans were there big time. It is still a virgin place. I would hit the plowed fields near the towns. I guarantee you will find good Celtic and Roman stuff.

SKi...

alaskaseeker

Jun 22, 2019
Ak,Tn
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
IMG_0049.JPG Yes I know the type, real a......holes for sure.. One year I found 3 nice men's wedding bands, no ID in the rings so no chance to return it.. One was so new the edges were sharp, the only thing I could do was stop by the hotel and ask if someone had reported a lost ring....On Kauai I met a person that lived there and was an avid water hunter, believe me he had a jewelry store in his safe, we hunted a lot together when I went there and it was fun for sure.. The first time I met him , my mate was still alive then I invited him to come to our hotel for dinner.. When he showed up he had bracelets upnand down both arms. I won't ever get there again but it was just another adventure to have nice memories about ..My friend and I both used Whites Surfmaster PIs....

Last edited:

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, and nice story. Glad you were able to get her ring back to her.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story HM for sure

Surfer George

Feb 29, 2024
I lost a class ring when I was learning to surf at Waikiki Beach in 1987. The ring is gold with a peridot stone from Dale HS, 1984. It has a pirate on one side and Leo the Leon on the other. The letter R is under the stone. If anyone found it washed up on the beach I'd like it back. Thanks!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, since everyone is showing off there mercs and such I wanted to post these. I have hunted from Japan to Kosovo and I have to admit, I love finding hammered silver but I really do miss the states.

I was stationed in Hawaii, I got the new XLT spectrum in 91. Went out to a little kiddy park and found a 66 gold class ring in 5 minutes. I was hooked for life after that. I mostly hunted the bases in Hawaii, Hickam, Pearl Harbor and Fort Shafter, Wheeler. Most of these places were used well before 1930, Hickam goes back to the 1800's. I used old 1907 Ariel's to find the spots no one knew about. And as you can see it paid.

I must of found 40 rings there. Seemed every other house on base had one. Alot of people asked if I could find rings they lost and I have found everyone of them for free.

I never did the beaches.... It was a waist of time for me since they were covered by about 100 retires that had nothing to do all week long but hit the beachs. Most were good guys but at Hanama Bay I met a complete as@. Some lady lost here ring. She knew it was in a 12ft square area. I was there with my brother, had a look around and sure enough I saw a old guy metal detecting. I went over told him I was into detecting and that this lady lost her ring. Asked if he could find it for her, probably would of taken 5 minutes. You would never guess what he says... Ya for $50 bucks. I could not believe it. I told him thanks but no thanks. Told my brother to guard the spot, went home and got the XLT, came back and there I got it. Here you go, no problems. I was proud of myself. My brother said as soon as I left to get my detector, the guy came over and tried to find it. My brother said if you get it are you going to give it back, he said finders keepers.... Right in front of the people... Moron. My bro made sure he did not detect there till I got back, hehe.

Anyway these are from about 1.5 years detecting in Hawaii, except for a few I found at a California Treasure Hunt.

SKi..
Very Nice!!!! The Hobby that can Never Stop!!! Congrats!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread