NOW IM SCARED

resq937

Mar 6, 2005
NOT too sure if i wanna go back to the spot i hit today---I really dont want to run into one of these that are alive! even in death this thing got me---you can see the blood spot on the jaw--I have yet to identify what it might be I live in PA and can not think of any wild animal that would have this big of a jaw with that type of teeth--I also found some rather large leg bones near it (about 20 feet off) that would rule out opposum or smaller critter like that---this thing has some size to it-----I also posted some of the other finds from the same area---if anyone is good with id'ing the jaw and teeth that would help me know what i need to look out for

Attachments

• apreight.jpg
    apreight.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 757
  • owie.jpg
    owie.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 748
Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it almost looks like some type of Fish in your Second Pic.

What part of PA ?

OP
OP
R

resq937

Mar 6, 2005
south central near harrisburg... when i found it the jaw was still in one piece and the teeth were shooting down and not inward towards each other---it broke when the bugger bit me---and i dropped it---i am still looking up the only fish around here that i know that have teeth----I still am not sure due to the leg bones nearby---but that coulda been part of another animal too

TOWcritter

Be Afraid...Be VERY AFRAID.....Looks like Jeff said. Some sort of fish ......or the first physical evidence of alien life visiting this planet. Even though we've all known about it and the Government is still covering it up etc....That is one nasty looking jawbone man. How many stiches did you need?! Maybe it looked like this alive huh?!

Attachments

• fant43.gif
    fant43.gif
    6.9 KB · Views: 697

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I? live in S.W. Schuylkill Co. near Pine Grove.

I tell you What, whatever it is, I wouldn't wanna Tangle with it? ;D

Sorta' shaped like a Sharks Jaw, But, unless someone brought it here,

I hope Sharks ain't Swimming up the Susquehanna River :lol

Do Catfish have Teeth like That ? I'm not a Fisherman

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like the jaw of a fish. ?A coyote will often carry its prey to the same area and feed nightly, which could also explain the other leg bones you found. Ron

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
looks like the jawbone of a muskelunge. a large freshwater gamefish similar to a pike only larger and more toothy!! is there a lake nearby?

OP
OP
R

resq937

Mar 6, 2005
close but the mouth isnt quite as rounded----I think I have it figure out its either a northern pike or muskie---I just wont go swimmin there---('specially skinny dippin) ?I will assume that the leg bone was the animal that managed to pull it from the lake (at least this makes it more interesting) ?but it figures the thing couldnt wait till i could hook it with the rod

OP
OP
R

resq937

Mar 6, 2005
Hollow looks like you were typin faster than me---didnt know that about coyote and I know that there is a slow comeback in and around that area for coyote---and yes it was close to a lake---

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a muskie to me also, cool find!

HH

Lonewolfe

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
looks like you may have found a cool fishing site as well as a hunting site! if there is one musky in there im sure there is more!

AzSports

Feb 16, 2005
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
White's Gold Master, Garrett Infinium
Muskie is pretty much a big lake fish. Is there one near by?
How old / decomposed was it? Does it look like sombody's after fishing/feeding the dogs poached meat, dump pile?

Attachments

• Muskie Teeth.jpg
    Muskie Teeth.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 661

swizzle

May 3, 2003
upstate ny
I was going to say a T-rex only smaller. LOL I'm going with the muskalunge on this one. I was going to say northern pike but their teeth are smaller and more like really fat needles (lots of them). Musky's got bigger teeth. Start throwing spoons at them badboys and send us a pic of a jawbow that's still alive. There is also a cross species between the 2 called a Norlunge. I wouldn't stop swimming there at all. I've never heard of a musky attacking a human. Swiz

MDnoob

Apr 23, 2003
I have heard of Muskeees attacking humans...but they are probably tall tales.

I am sure that jaw is from one of those bad boys.

AzSports

Feb 16, 2005
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
White's Gold Master, Garrett Infinium
My Grandfather was on a once a year Muskie trip in the Saint Lawrence Seaway when a friend lost a dog to one! I have heard of large pike being halved before they can be boated.

I have some large plugs he gave me with some pretty good teeth marks, broken trebles, and straightend hooks. He was tossing garbage then, they are fifty year old treasures now!

dano91

Apr 3, 2005
colorado
That ain't sh*t ever seen an alligator gar from Louisiana? now thats scary, only natural enemy of the snapping turtle
Dint go swimmin in the bayou

greenswinger

Feb 17, 2005
ms
looks like musky to me.........of course i`ve only seen muskeys in photos . hunting in wyoming on year found bone sticking out of cliff above salt river . my partner says,,,,just a cow...my reply. what cow had a bone in its leg 9 ft long !! called college to report it , i don`t know if anyone went out to check it or not . may not have even found it . will detect for food ;D call br...549

MDnoob

Apr 23, 2003
I would say that not too many dinosaurs even had single bones that were 9ft long. That find could be very, very important!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions