Last 2 hunts - a lil gold and silver and a pile of clad

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Hello again, ok... I am back. Thanks to my friends who sent all the supportive notes and comments. It's appreciated. There's some issues going on, but Jeff PA and I are working on it. It doesn't concern any of the regulars on TNet so no further drama is needed or wanted. Time to move on!

I hunted twice since I posted last.

Hunt #1:

Two Saturdays ago, I hit some parks that I didn't get to on my contest weekend with some success, covering the play areas and the grassy area around a basketball court and one schoolyard, woodchip areas, that I had covered last summer. It was a very hot day for October here in Michigan so I ended up only hunting ABOUT 4.5 hours (not counting drive time). :D It was almost 90 degrees here.

It's funny how things work out sometimes. When I had a contest a few weekends ago, I gave away 3 prizes for the top three guesses and offered about 8 prizes to choose from (silver coins, gold and silver jewelry, and a meteorite). The third place person chose a 14kt mariner's cross as their prize. Well, I found another 14kt mariners cross. It's a slightly different design but pretty ironic that I would find a "replacement" for the one a gave away. (Karma baby!!) I also got a couple more keepers. One, a really nice hallmarked 925 earring with a blue topaz (I think) heart shaped stone. Found this at one of the parks. Also got a silver bracelet link with a nice blue CZ stone and an aluminum St. Gerard religious medal.

I got some other nice finds, a 2000D Sac $1, a really nice ring that ended up being gold plated, but nice anyway. I also got several trinkets, pendants and other stuff which aren't valuable, but fun to find.

All in all, a great day, some nice keepers and exactly 200 coins total for the day for a face value of $16. 32 (lots of quarters) in 4.5 hours hunt time (not counting drive time between sites). Here's a photos of my finds from this day 10-6-07.

06OCT07 finds.jpg

the keepers and the pretty junque ring

Oct 6 Keepers.jpg

I got out again last Saturday morning for a hunt. It was cold but clear, about 45 degrees at dawn...brrr. A bit different from the weekend before. Winter's in the air. :(

I had a fun hunt. I went to the richer side of town (30 plus miles away) that was so good to me in July and August and covered a park with a huge woodchip play area first. This place was nicely loaded, I kept busy digging targets. It hadn't been hunted in a while obviously. After that I hit another smaller park woodchip play area and finally covered one elementary school's woodchip play areas.

I got 5 nice keepers, nothing big, but I'll take it. The nicest being a 10kt hallmarked earring with a red stone in it. It's a ruby maybe. The other goldie was also an earring. It is nice, a heart shape with many little green stones, look like emeralds maybe, very tiny ones. It is hallmarked 585 (14K). I also got 3 sterling pieces. One hallmarked 925 earring with a CZ solitare, another hallmarked 925 oval loop earring, and finally, a nice "R" initial pendant hallmarked 925, with CZ's. I think I may have found one just like this last summer... I'll have to check the treasure chest. Here's a photo of the keepers.

Keepers 10-13.jpg

So my totals for the day were pretty good. About 4 hours (may have been 4.5? ) or so hunting time (not including driving), 238 coins for a $14.60 face value, lots of nickels and pennies this day, and another Sac $1 coin, 2000D as usual. A ton of junque jewelry including 7 earrings, and 5 junque rings . This puts me at 147 rings for the year (25% keeper ones & 75% costume/junque). One of the rings was a heartstopper, 4th from the right in the photo... but alas, plated gold and CZs. Fun find though.

Here's a photo of my finds.

13OCT07.jpg

Well, it's good to be back (I hope) and thanks for reading. Detecting days for us here in Michigan are numbered as the cold seems to be settling in. Hopefully, I can get out for another month or so on the weekends.

HH to all.
Smiles!
BDoo

Upvote 0

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
I am glad to see you back, bud. You keep proving how great of a treasure hunter you are. You are the very best at what you do, Bdoo! :)

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
Very impressive!

I wouldn't mind finding one of those Mariner Crosses myself someday.

As always. I'm inspired!

Congratulations, Bdoo!

Ridley

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
KirkPA said:
I am glad to see you back, bud. You keep proving how great of a treasure hunter you are. You are the very best at what you do, Bdoo! :)

Thanks Kirk, appreciate the sentiment but there are plenty here that are as good and even more much better then me. I am pretty efficient at vaccuming the woodchips though. My machine allows me to doo that. Take care buddy!

Smiles!
BDoo

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Don't sweat it Bdoo....We know who you are....An awesome digger as alway's.Oh yea,you never left....Congrat's and HH my friend,great job!!

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Ridley said:
Very impressive!

I wouldn't mind finding one of those Mariner Crosses myself someday.

As always. I'm inspired!

Congratulations, Bdoo!

Ridley

I hope you do Dave. You work it hard and deserve it bud. Good luck and thank you!

Smiles!
BDoo

sfinder

Jun 25, 2006
Fort Dodge, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Prizm V and DD Coil
You really had two good hunts. Hopefully the fall weather will last a few more months so you can find more goodies.
sfinder

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The pictures of what you find in a day always look like the pictures of what I find in a year. Great finds BDoo.

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds BDoo---Congrats on all the goodies.

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
You need to send some of that gold this way...I'm definately on a drought!! Nice totals and nice assortment those last two hunts!

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
BDoo,
Good to see you posting again :)
Gold, silver, rubies, topaz.............yum :)
Congrats !

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds as usual BDoo, this has got to be a record year for you!

HH,
Nat

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
wow nice haul Bdoo! and glad to see ya posting again! ;)

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BDoo,
When you make an entrance, you do it in style! ;)
I told you to use the wide lens on your haul. ;D
Congrats on all the great jewelry.
Hot or cold weather, nothing keeps you down.
Welcome back,
MM

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Hey BDoo,

I can't tell you how happy it makes me to see your posts on Tnet again!! ;D :D ;D ;)

You are a great md'er! You make Tnet a better forum with your posts. A true inspiration.

I hope the weather holds up for you a little longer.

Great set of finds there. Love that mariner's cross!!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great to see you squeeze in one great hunt before the white stuff falls

HH
-GC

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very impressive finds !!!!!!!!! BIG congratulations on all them great finds !!!!!!!!!!

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Bob,
You must have a lot of salty dogs up there to find a second mariner's cross. Very cool.

Drama - shoot - we all like good drama....as long as it doesn't involve us! ;) :D

Bob

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions