Brendan75

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2017
Pretoria
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800/ Garrett AT pro/ Minelab X- terra 305/ Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all. Hope everyone is well. I was out hunting at some old house ruins with my Equinox 800. About 20 min into the hunt i got a strange hi tone near a house foundation. I was digging all signals at this point. I pinpointed the target and stuck the spade into the ground as i lifted the soil i just saw coins everywhere in the hole. My hart skipped a beat and and i thought TREASURE:laughing7: while i retrieved the coins my eyes were everywhere making sure no one was watching. In total there was 20 silver coins and 6 copper coins all dated from the 1920s to the 1930s. My hunt was pretty much over after finding those coins but i kept on hunting thinking about those coins. I must have re scanned the hole about 5 times after closing it up to make sure i did not miss a single coin. I did find a couple more relics and coins one being what i think is a silver handle for a comb or mirror maybe. I strongly believe that those coins were buried by someone and not a coin spill but i could be wrong. A person can see where the coins stuck to each other on the marks on the coins.

In total there is 3x 2 and a half shillings, 2x 2 shillings, 2x 1 shillings, 9x six pences and 4x 3 pences. I still need to clean the coins and will send a update of cleaned coins. These coins i want to display together

Thanks for looking and Happy hunting to all

BC2.jpg
BC3.jpg
BC4.jpg
BC5.jpg
BC6.jpg
BC7.jpg

These 2 pennies are still stuck together

BC9.jpg

The rest of the finds. Still needs to be cleaned

BC10.jpg
BC11.jpg
BC12.jpg

I dont know if this is silver or not. It has no markings that i can see but it cleaned up like silver

Last edited:
Upvote 55

Aureus

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2016
Eastern Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What an awesome find. Something that most of us dream about. That's a cache, I have no doubts about it. Huge congratulations and waiting for those cleaned pics!

IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Current….Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Past….Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is WAY cool! I’d think that’s a burial too. People actually hid coins in the ground, and now YOU know for sure! Just crazy...and this might not be the only stash on the property!

wagbert

Mar 29, 2008
What a hunt, and with several very nice finds as well ! It's nice to see those South African coins and artifacts .

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! A great day for you finding the ultimate honey hole. That's a whole lot of Silver to add to your collection. You had several other nice relics there too. Very nice!

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
How cool is that!! I noticed in the pic you have a few "cycle badges",what's up with those?

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on that great cache Brendan. That had to be exciting. I like those tags also.

Horst

Apr 13, 2017
Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 + SDC2300
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
congratulations!!!! hard to beat find......my best was 4 coins in a 1 meter circle..........

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice work with the Nox Brendan. Some real nice old coin saves. Congrats

niffler

Mar 19, 2008
Coos Bay, Oregon
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, DFX, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Killer B Hornets, Stealth 720i scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that's awesome! Probably buried for safe keeping? That would get your heart beating faster! Congratulations!

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! What an exciting hole that must have been! Congrats on the cache :occasion14:

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a find of a life time and everyones dream. A big congrats on that one.

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Great finds Brendan! You deserve those finds for how hard you work at it. I believe a banner nomination is in order. Great work my friend!!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome !!!! Congrats!!!! Treasure!!! Silver!!!!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boom Baby thats what its about the one thing looks like a cane topper. I love love those coin spills Ive found a few. Once I found a jar of coins buried deep I almost needed some huggies Pulled it out sat down lit a smoke got ready for my prize all pennies newer pennies the Old man was up there luaghing at me but some day. Thats great once you find one every hole you dig gets that much better because the possibilities become that much more Great job. You deserve it my friend... Tommy

RJGMC

Sep 6, 2008
KANSAS CITY METRO
Detector(s) used
SIMPLEX, EQUINOX AND TESORO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations! And to find a radiator emblem from a Hupmobile US made car is insane! What country were these found in?
RJGMC

OP
OP
Brendan75

Brendan75

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2017
Pretoria
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800/ Garrett AT pro/ Minelab X- terra 305/ Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How cool is that!! I noticed in the pic you have a few "cycle badges",what's up with those?

Hi. Years ago People using bicycles on our roads had to buy a licence for their bicycles. This license was only valid for a year and then you had to buy a new license disc again. The license was either aluminum or copper and came in different shape and sizes. I have found a number of them over the years and is fun to find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread