Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was a hot day so I decided to do a little water detecting. I went to a little used park swimming area. I usually do a grid in the water from shallow to deep in and out using floats I made and my tracks in the sand (when I can see the bottom) to keep track of where I have been. I only go there once or twice a year, and I don’t usually find a lot, but most times I find a gold or silver. Today my luck held. I worked the grid and covered most of one half of the swimming area. The first half hour I found some foil and sinkers but nothing good. Then I got a VDI of 77-78 and I thought I was scooping a penny, but nice surprise it was a nice silver ring with stones in it. The I started finding more jewelry, mostly junky stuff, 2 coin spills, and more foil and fishing gear. For the last half hour I decided to do a walk around of the other half of the swimming area to see if I should come back and finish or wait till next year. In that half hour I only found one digable signal, the gold ring. So I guess I will come back next week and try my luck again.

Altogether I found 9 coins in 5 hours with a face value of $1.13 and a Jamcian 10 dollar coin, a bunch of junky jewelry, some sinkers, a 9mm casing, some good jewelry and a lot of bits of foil.

6DBF98D7-0E53-4AA6-8366-AC6802750917.jpeg

The good jewelry was a stud earring with a cz marked 925, a 10k wedding band with a decorative boarder, and a silver ring with 9 small diamonds in it. It has a central small round diamond set to look bigger than it is, and 4 baguette diamonds on each side. The wedding band had a VDI of 61-62 and was no big surprise with that signal. (Although I have found a lot of junk jewelry with the same VDI so it is never a sure thing.)

14019A50-B8F2-43E0-A8CC-C841C8EF197E.jpeg D30063D7-01CB-40AF-95EE-27979FA840D3.jpeg

The Jamcian coin is magetic and rang up as ferrous metal, but the signal was so strong I had to scoop it up. You never can tell, sometime those signals are a knife, a watch or something else good as it was this time. Even though 10 Jamaican dollars is only about 7 cents in US dollars.

D9A0A3B1-9995-4BF1-923C-C2427EF366F8.jpeg

All in all a good day swingin the ATPro. A lot of fun with some nice shiny rewards that keep the hunt interesting and fun. Treasure is where you find it and today it was my day, tomorrow might be your day. Thanks for looking and may your coil lead you to good things.

Upvote 20

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Very cool finds. That’s a great jewelry haul. I hope to get an Excalibur someday so I can take water hunting more seriously.

OP
OP
tnt-hunter

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool finds. That’s a great jewelry haul. I hope to get an Excalibur someday so I can take water hunting more seriously.

Thanks washingtonian. I have an older Excalibur 1000 and it has done a great job for me in the past. I usually use the ATPro in the water these days because it does a better job with the smaller thinner gold items that the Excal misses. (Its costs a lot less to get one too.)

Keep swingin.

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks and sounds like you had a great day. Some real nice pieces of jewelry. Congrats

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
nice job, the $10 coin was a bonus of sorts but the gold and silver are real bonuses

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds, congrats! :occasion14:

OP
OP
tnt-hunter

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice job, the $10 coin was a bonus of sorts but the gold and silver are real bonuses

The coin was neat find, but I agree the gold and silver with ice are the best finds.

Keep swingin.

OP
OP
tnt-hunter

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks to all for your replies.

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing wrong with a hunt like that!

califteacher

Sep 30, 2012
Vista, San Diego County, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030 and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Very nice results. You found a good variety of objects, but of course, the rings are the prize. Thank you for the background story and how you went about your search. It is always nice to be able to learn from others. As is so often the case, you found the best at the very end of your hunt!

OP
OP
tnt-hunter

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice results. You found a good variety of objects, but of course, the rings are the prize. Thank you for the background story and how you went about your search. It is always nice to be able to learn from others. As is so often the case, you found the best at the very end of your hunt!

I was a teacher and I know we have many different levels of detecting experience in our audience so I figure the extra info might be helpful to someone. (A scout is Helpful and I try to be). I am glad you appreciated the effort.

Good luck and keep swingin.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread