Found gold in Vegas, baby!

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was strolling through the Fremont Street Experience this morning with my new bride and trying to dodge the street people, guys in diapers and thongs and the hawkers. I decided to stop looking like a tourist and cast my gaze downward.
As we crossed Ogden St. I saw a dime-sized coiled piece of copper wire in a seam on the pavement. I then thought, 'hey keep looking down, you might find some jewelry'.
Not five seconds later in the same intersection and seam I spotted this gold colored chain. I reached down quickly to scoop it up because the crosswalk was crowded and I was beginning to attract attention.
I stuck in into my pocket and we continued our stroll.
When we got back to the hotel I pulled out my handy dandy loupe and discovered it was 18k and set with a red coral Italian horn. Thanks goes to my new wife Sharee for researching the pendant!
Still stoked about it and we have one more day here so we might brave the heat and the street urchins later tonight for some more prospecting when the place is packed!

20190816_114106.jpg

20190816_113729.jpg

20190816_104900.jpg

20190811_193730.jpg

Upvote 22

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet and congrats on your marriage you look a lot like an Elvis impersonator you should get a job in Vegas while your there.LOL

OP
OP
GopherDaGold

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took it to a pawn shop where the owner offered me $100 and said it would retail for $300-$400. Weighs 6+ grams.
Pendant mount and bale is stamped 18k and the chain is marked 14k.

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diapers? Remind me not to go there again.

OP
OP
GopherDaGold

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diapers? Remind me not to go there again.

He was on a leash held by another guy and holding a sign that read 'Diaper Boy Lost' :dontknow:
Lots of strange sights on Fremont Street.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice eye, congrats on the find and new marriage! :icon_thumleft:

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
He was on a leash held by another guy and holding a sign that read 'Diaper Boy Lost' :dontknow:
Lots of strange sights on Fremont Street.

Ha! One of my brothers has lived in Vegas for 30 years. Has a pretty successful business on....yup!...Fremont St! He's never really been able to explain exactly what he does. Guess I'm gonna have to dig a little deeper.

Nice find! If you gotta be in Vegas at least you found some gold.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone else see Joe Pesci dressed as Elvis? :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread