4dd3

May 2, 2016
Sweden
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went out to the same spot as two days ago and managed to find a nice silver 1 crown 1942 and these lovely gold rings =) I am having insane luck this year. Gold rings at a beach is one thing but finding them in the woods.... thats another story. And that story was mine today :) gold.jpg As all swedish gold rings from before 1988 these are 18 karat and weighs 5.75 and 4.7 grams.

Update and for clarification: Rings and coin was not found in the same hole but the same woods. The date of the rings are 1958 and 1963

Last edited:
Upvote 35

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats, finding a Gold Ring in a ploughed fields is about the same odds, so I know what your talking about!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet finds leave some for the rest of us lol

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold always makes the heart pump a little faster. Congrats on the pair.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Two golds and a silver for the day is one fine hunt! Excellent job and congratulations.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job on the 2 gold rings, and that great looking big silver.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out to the same spot as two days ago and managed to find a nice silver 1 crown 1942 and these lovely gold rings =) I am having insane luck this year. Gold rings at a beach is one thing but finding them in the woods.... thats another story. And that story was mine today :) View attachment 1744964 As all swedish gold rings from before 1988 these are 18 karat and weighs 5.75 and 4.7 grams .

Super sweet Silver .
18 k OH YEA! they look similar except in weight of course .

Oh years ago , I found 7-8 Gold rings together in the woods .

Dropped by a Burglar most likely & from 5 + years before I 'luckily' swung the coil over their fairly spread out resting place.

Keep it up !
GD

califteacher

Sep 30, 2012
Vista, San Diego County, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030 and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I sat there reading your post, saying Wow!, Wow! to myself, wondering how this could happen. How would someone or a married couple lose their rings in the forest. The post by Davers made a lot of sense, in that someone may have stolen the rings and hidden or dropped them in the forest. On the other hand, if the coin has a direct connection to the rings, the 1942 date on the coin would indicate to me that someone could have been hiding the rings from the enemy in WWII. So many people in this era buried their valuables to keep them from being lost to the enemy or for general safekeeping; there must be millions of objects and caches in Europe waiting to be found.

In any case, the coin and rings are very intriguing. I would want to try to find out when the rings may have been manufactured. While finding gold is always great, to me of equal importance is the backstory or the "why." Why were these rings in the forest and what were the circumstances? Thank you so much for sharing your interesting discovery with us. If you find out any more about the rings, please let us know.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sweet Gold and Silver! :notworthy:

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
congrats on the awesome 18kt rings, in the woods makes them even more special

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet!!!! Awesome!!! Congrats!!!

OP
OP

4dd3

May 2, 2016
Sweden
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I sat there reading your post, saying Wow!, Wow! to myself, wondering how this could happen. How would someone or a married couple lose their rings in the forest. The post by Davers made a lot of sense, in that someone may have stolen the rings and hidden or dropped them in the forest. On the other hand, if the coin has a direct connection to the rings, the 1942 date on the coin would indicate to me that someone could have been hiding the rings from the enemy in WWII. So many people in this era buried their valuables to keep them from being lost to the enemy or for general safekeeping; there must be millions of objects and caches in Europe waiting to be found.

In any case, the coin and rings are very intriguing. I would want to try to find out when the rings may have been manufactured. While finding gold is always great, to me of equal importance is the backstory or the "why." Why were these rings in the forest and what were the circumstances? Thank you so much for sharing your interesting discovery with us. If you find out any more about the rings, please let us know.
Well the dates on the rings are 1958 and 1963 so the WWII connection is not really plausible. The coin was found maybe 400 meters away from one of the rings :) Sweden was also neutral in WWII so no "enemy" to hide stuff from :D But nice theory!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread