Clad, junk and dogtags find and return

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Detected a local St. Louis park with some friends today in the perfect 80° weather.
Lots of junk for all of us but my very first find was the set of dog tags. When I got home I called the guys number on the back of the Felina tag and left a message and a text. Also found him on Facebook and scrolled down to see a picture of Felina.
He texted me back with his address and appreciation.
They are going in the mail tomorrow. I know it's not a class ring or wedding ring level return but it is my first so I'm pretty stoked about it.

20190824_155311.jpg

20190824_182108.jpg

20190824_183547.jpg

Upvote 10

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gopher, congrats and kudos on the research and reaching out to these people... what a gracious offer, may the stars align and you pull a gold coin soon! Great story...Ddf.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds/returns, congrats! :occasion14:

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, and very nice of you to return the dog tags. I put in an Honorable mention for anyone, who takes the time to return anything. Lets face it, we don't have to return any item that we find. We do so because we are a good group of people.

OP
OP
GopherDaGold

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. It's always a good feeling to get a checkmark in the 'done good' column.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread