Best Silver Haul of the Year feat. Big Silver

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Hey folks!

I take off for a multi-week vacation with my wife tomorrow so today was my last chance to squeeze some detecting in on the home front until mid-late September.

Forum member Lucas (NoThisIsPatrick) and I got out to Seattle and hunted an area that goes back to the early 1900s. I got there a little early and started swinging to see if it would be worth hanging out at.

Right off the bat I was getting some early 60s Memorials which is usually a good sign. Less than 15 minutes in I’m getting a tight 10-48/12-48 at 2-3 inches. Those of you CTX users know those can be magic numbers.

I scoffed in my head and was like, “yeah right, there’s a silver half right here near the surface in the midst of all this trash.” Well, I cut the plug and sure enough!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1567219942.370149.jpg

Not only that but it was a spill. I could see a silver dime in the hole with it. I took that photo thinking that was it. I wandered away for a minute and came back to swing over it and realized I walked away from more targets!

There was an additional Rosie, Wheatie and a nearby tax token (not sure if that was part of the spill) as well. I hunted there for a while longer and picked up some more goodies including my 4th silver of the day, a 44-D Merc.

Other cool finds from that site included a gold-plated pocket watch fob with a patent date of 1903, a vintage “Boeing Airplane Company” (BAC) tag and a green marble which was in a hole with a 1960 penny.

I tried one last site before calling it a day where I found another wheat, a modern saloon token from Orlando, Florida and a Susan B. Anthony dollar.

All 7 Wheats date to the 40s/50s.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1567221833.158409.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1567221850.058067.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1567221863.494023.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1567221872.512490.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1567221892.696410.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1567221903.996255.jpg

Thanks for looking and happy Labor Day weekend all!!
-W

Upvote 46

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
washingtonian

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Nice hunt buddy. I’m still at zero Frankie’s, with 10+ walkers and a few barbers. Lots of clad Kennedy’s.

What a great story about swinging over the silver half. A nice tight high tone - something we all love!

Cheers from up north, and have a good vacation w the wife

Thanks Woody. It’s strange how those things happen, huh? I’d love to find some more walkers. I think they are a much prettier coin than Franklins.

Thanks for the well wishes. Good luck with your detecting this fall!!

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you. Would’ve been super cool if it was Canadian. Ha!

No doubt. And being in Washington the chances of finding Canadian silver are pretty good I imagine.

I live in Canada and only one of my halves is Canadian. The other four are Barbers. I’m dying to find a Walker. Ten years now and still waiting!

OP
OP
washingtonian

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
No doubt. And being in Washington the chances of finding Canadian silver are pretty good I imagine.

I live in Canada and only one of my halves is Canadian. The other four are Barbers. I’m dying to find a Walker. Ten years now and still waiting!

Nice! I’ve found a few Canadian silvers over the last few years. A couple Lizzie dimes, a Lizzie Quarter, and my favorite from this year, a King George V Quarter. Seems like Canadian halves weren’t all that common, huh?

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nearly every hunt I do turns up a Canadian penny.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome hunt, congrats! :occasion14:

Inspector

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Finger Lakes Region, Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, w/6", Simplex+WHP, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Toltec, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was an awesome hunt, nice silver haul & really nice fob, congrats on all & enjoy your vacation

OP
OP
washingtonian

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
That was an awesome hunt, nice silver haul & really nice fob, congrats on all & enjoy your vacation

Thank you! Thought the fob was gonna be real gold for a minute. It rang up like it but is unfortunately just plated.

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
Whoa!!!!! Wicked nice spill kid!!!! I’ve never found a Ben!!! Barbers and walkers, but no Ben’s. Good job brother, you’re catching up to your brother.........................kinda(;

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread