πŸ₯‡ BANNER I found the first hurricane Dorian treasure coin, 1733 fleet !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And the storm hasn't even hit yet. Got an early start on this hurricane prep and was just standing by. As the storm is approaching it has made the winds switch off shore for the last 3 days here in the keys. That offshore breeze and the king tides have swept all the seaweed out to sea and left the beaches and shoreline clean. Got to my spot at full king high tide.....no beach had to jump off the sea wall and snorkel in 2 1/2 feet of water. Got a strong 33 on the nox....but it was coming from the bottom of an old lobster trap so I started to move on......I didnt get 4 feet away before that 33 didn't make sense to me. I went back and spent about 10 minutes fanning and prying this trap bottom out of the sand. Sure enough that 33 was still registering with the trap moved. Fanned the remaining sand down to cap rock and bingo....a big fat 8 reale cobb from the 1733 fleet !!! 20190901_150439.jpg
I'm slowly cleaning her up but I dont see a complete date.....shes seen better days. 286 years in the sand and we'd all look a little weathered !! 20190901_150424.jpg
20190901_150432.jpg
Here she is just after finding on the hood of my truck. So I had to break and catch my breath I ate lunch and called my buddies.....i find it hard to hunt after i make a good find until i thoroughly fondle and inspect the piece. So after a 45 minute break i hunted the rest of the day until the tide was a quarter mile out.....no more spanish, only clad and trash. 20190901_185235.jpg
20190901_185217.jpg
Shes got some detail left and will continue to clean up better....very little encrustation on this one....she must have tumbled in the sand a bit....she was pretty clean. She looks alot like one of her sisters I ware for luck. 20190901_150808.jpg
The one I ware I found about ten feet from this one 3 years ago !! Man....now I need to follow the storm and try for a 1715 cobb up in vero !! Wooo hoooo I'll be up bright and early to try again !!! Good luck and happy hunting folks

Upvote 132

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Hoped you were the one who made the find, Sooooo WAY TO GO Blak bart.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow.....I've been out there at the spot swinging hard and pounding aluminum can tops all day. What an awesome surprise to come home too...a BANNER !! Man these hurricanes are good to me !! A big thank you to everyone for the banner votes.....it truly is a privilege and I'm honored to be up there again. The feeling that one gets from finding even a small part of such a vast and well documented treasure tale is....well....I think what many of us dream about !! ?? All i can say is, do the research and give yourself the best chance at success. Get out and swing hard, determination is a big factor so keep the faith and have patience and it should happen for you !! Happy hunting and good luck to all !!
Woooo hoooo !! Thanks treasure peeps !!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you much bill !!

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
:notworthy: I too congratulate you Bart. Nice find by a nice pirate who stayed with it.
On the flip side, your area is rich with history so the alternative would be for you to build your own plank out of Lysiloma sabicu and walk it :laughing7:
walk_plank_smiley.gif

Again Bart, congratulations and I am sure your son is proud ! :notworthy:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you simon.....my son is getting to the age where he can actually help daddy dig !! Hopefully there will be a cobb with his name on it one day soon. Can't wait to have the little guy with me on some of these hunts !!

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Makin us Flawda boys proud!!!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks pete and smallfoot....ya gotta luv being a Florida boy !!

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Banner Nomination by RTR

RTR has nominated a post to be a banner.

Reason:
16 th century Spanish Cobb ,Cobb,cobb
He's on a roll .
History in the making !:)!
Forum: Today's Finds!
Assigned Moderators: jeff of pa, River Rat

Posted by: RTR
Original Content:
Didn't I tell ya your going to find a 'Chest full' ? your on your way:occasion14:
Another BANNER vote from me ):

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Bart!!!! WTF??? You didn’t text me a pic?!?! Congrats on another amazing cob and the banner. One of my favorite photos is me holding a handful of Spanish at your house 21F7AEE7-D220-4A87-BEAC-305115EFBAF0.jpeg

Glad to see your well bud

Steve

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bart!!!! WTF??? You didn’t text me a pic?!?! Congrats on another amazing cob and the banner. One of my favorite photos is me holding a handful of Spanish at your house View attachment 1755021

Glad to see your well bud

Steve

What's up steve !! Glad to here from ya !! I forgot how nice that pic was. If your work takes you this way, sneak down and we'll try again. Your always welcome here !! Always trying to add to the treasure pile, so September was good to me. Thanks buddy......I can't wait to see what you drop on us next !!

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been away from TNet for a year and catching up on posts. Congratulations on Banner for this awesome piece of silver! :notworthy:

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome back wildcat1750 and thank you very much !! Happy hunting and good luck out there !!

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome back wildcat1750 and thank you very much !! Happy hunting and good luck out there !!

Thanks a bunch, Blak Bart! I really missed this place!

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It was hard not to smile as I read your post Bart, your excitement in finding this historic piece is contagious! :hello2:

Congratulations on achieving your first BANNER on Tnet! :notworthy:

Dave

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks dave....absolutely my favorite thing to do is hunt for the spanish stuff !! I'll have to send a report to the mods because that's my second banner but it never updated under my avatar.....heck....I dont even see calabash diggers post on the banner board and he definatly got a banner at the same time and it's not up there !! Thanks again and happy hunting dave !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread