πŸ₯‡ BANNER I found the first hurricane Dorian treasure coin, 1733 fleet !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And the storm hasn't even hit yet. Got an early start on this hurricane prep and was just standing by. As the storm is approaching it has made the winds switch off shore for the last 3 days here in the keys. That offshore breeze and the king tides have swept all the seaweed out to sea and left the beaches and shoreline clean. Got to my spot at full king high tide.....no beach had to jump off the sea wall and snorkel in 2 1/2 feet of water. Got a strong 33 on the nox....but it was coming from the bottom of an old lobster trap so I started to move on......I didnt get 4 feet away before that 33 didn't make sense to me. I went back and spent about 10 minutes fanning and prying this trap bottom out of the sand. Sure enough that 33 was still registering with the trap moved. Fanned the remaining sand down to cap rock and bingo....a big fat 8 reale cobb from the 1733 fleet !!! 20190901_150439.jpg
I'm slowly cleaning her up but I dont see a complete date.....shes seen better days. 286 years in the sand and we'd all look a little weathered !! 20190901_150424.jpg
20190901_150432.jpg
Here she is just after finding on the hood of my truck. So I had to break and catch my breath I ate lunch and called my buddies.....i find it hard to hunt after i make a good find until i thoroughly fondle and inspect the piece. So after a 45 minute break i hunted the rest of the day until the tide was a quarter mile out.....no more spanish, only clad and trash. 20190901_185235.jpg
20190901_185217.jpg
Shes got some detail left and will continue to clean up better....very little encrustation on this one....she must have tumbled in the sand a bit....she was pretty clean. She looks alot like one of her sisters I ware for luck. 20190901_150808.jpg
The one I ware I found about ten feet from this one 3 years ago !! Man....now I need to follow the storm and try for a 1715 cobb up in vero !! Wooo hoooo I'll be up bright and early to try again !!! Good luck and happy hunting folks

Upvote 132
OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you DiggerDaveSE....Welcome to T-net good luck and happy hunting !!

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great find, nicely done!

All the best,

Lanny

spriyaty

Greenie
Oct 4, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going back to the beach before dawn. No rip tides here, but it should be fun. I don't go in the water. About this time of year I switch from Indian Artifact collecting to the beach to clean up after the tourists leave. After Nov. 1 it's back for relics in the woods. Rinse, repeat!

The one I ware I found about ten feet audacity temp mail origin from this one 3 years ago !! Man....now I need to follow the storm and try for a 1715 cobb up in vero !! Wooo hoooo I'll be up bright and early to try again !!! Good luck and happy hunting folks

Last edited:
OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey thanks lanny.....glad to see ya posting !! Good luck out there.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard spriyaty.?

nick54

Tenderfoot
Dec 23, 2016
northern ca
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT GOLD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
such a fantastic find....soon as I seen the storm a coming I knew goodies would be forthcoming......

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Alaskaseeker.....and thank you nick54,welcome aboard.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
???? Cant delete post...wrong thread.

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A little late to the party Bart-but what the heck right.
Now let me be last to send a late congrats on the awesome recovery. :occasion14:

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Woooo hooo pepper !! Still love that find....hopefully things will get straightened out with the mods and birdman and I'll get credit on my profile for this one....seems there was a mistake and birdman got credit for my banner....time to find the next one !!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Woooo hooo pepper !! Still love that find....hopefully things will get straightened out with the mods and birdman and I'll get credit on my profile for this one....seems there was a mistake and birdman got credit for my banner....time to find the next one !!

Just realized that you never got the credit on this amazing recovery-what's up with that one Mods? ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz :hello:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread