Talk about the spot that keeps on giving.....My 1st dug Flying Eagle cent

UnEarthed72

Jun 29, 2007
THE EMPIRE STATE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,Whites prism2
Went on a few hour hunt today with Val aka.Disciple,she called me saying where are you(i slept in lol)my bad...25 minutes later i was there.She found some good nickles including a Buffalo,cant remember what else she may have found right now,but my finds are below and got an AWSOME FIRST i was pretty stoked with that find lemme tell ya!! Enjoy.

a piece of old pottery i found while digging a signal(pretty recognizable pattern)
10-18-07 pottery frag..JPG
10-18-07 pottery frag. rev..JPG
The coins i ended up with .73cents in clad 2 nickles a 40,57 one 45 wheatie..a whats it(maybe a coin dunno yet..size/shape of a penny)
10-18-07.jpg
10-18-07 2rev..JPG
And lastly 10 min. before we left i got a zinc/ring signal dug 3 and a half inches down i scored another first a sweet 1857 Flying Eagle cent Woooohhhoooo i was stoked..i thought about charging Val her Buff. nickle just to see it lol..j/k
10-18-07 Best.JPG
10-18-07 Best rev..JPG

I'll be the first to say this hobby is proving what my destiny is and i think its MD'ing I'm so fortunate to have been interested enough to begin MD'ing and it's definitely very rewarding.....All of the pics are uncleaned as of yet,when i clean the coins up i will re post those pics so you can see them

thanks for looking
Stay safe and HH
~Shawn~

Upvote 0

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Talk about the spot that keeps on giving.....

Nice flying eagle buddy. That coin is STILL on my list.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well done a dug eagle :)

Why clean it, it looks fine?

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250

Congrats on a great coin.........and I know exactly what you mean regarding MD'ing........it's what we were cut out to do in addition to everything else we already do. I can see myself doing this until I am physically able to. WTG bro.

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice flying eagle. Looks like its in pretty good condition. The date looks well defined and crisp. Congrats! ;D

OP
OP
UnEarthed72

UnEarthed72

Jun 29, 2007
THE EMPIRE STATE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,Whites prism2

Ricardo_NY1 said:
Congrats on a great coin.........and I know exactly what you mean regarding MD'ing........it's what we were cut out to do in addition to everything else we already do. I can see myself doing this until I am physically able to. WTG bro.

Exactly Ricardo..when i find something that makes me smile from ear to ear even when no one is around..all in my glory...I'm like...MAN this hobby is awesome,i finally know why i am on this earth to do...Detect...then I'm like everyone else i detect all the way back to my car in hopes for one more signal that we can dig up before we drive away.

OP
OP
UnEarthed72

UnEarthed72

Jun 29, 2007
THE EMPIRE STATE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,Whites prism2
Thanks for the replies so far,just thought i would add 2 pics of the Flying Eagle after i little bit of cleaning.

Attachments

• FE cln.JPG
    FE cln.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 817
  • FE cln rev..JPG
    FE cln rev..JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 793

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
those are great finds :o i'd be on cloud 9 for sure to ;)

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Beautiful Flying Eagle cent and it looked great before you cleaned it and looks better now!! Congrats on a sweet coin!!

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dont clean it up too much. That patina from being in the ground actually increases the value of the coin. ;)

OP
OP
UnEarthed72

UnEarthed72

Jun 29, 2007
THE EMPIRE STATE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,Whites prism2
{Sentinel} said:
Dont clean it up too much. That patina from being in the ground actually increases the value of the coin. ;)

Yea thanks for the tip...it actually has a green patina to it,and the only thing i did was to let it sit in a Lil oil for a bit until the crud falls off on its own.It's really in great shape but hard to see it with the pic quality

Nickel_Buff1935

Jun 1, 2007
NY
Detector(s) used
MINELAB X-Terra 50 & WHITE'S MXT
Wow!

What a beautiful dig!

Now that's an outstanding dug Flying Eagle Cent!

A true treasure!

WTG

Keep diggin',

Nickel_B

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread