Belt buckle??? Not sure.

Bodkin

Oct 9, 2017
Bold Coast & Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Blue Excal 1000, Enox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this the other day with a lot of other do dads. Got a very faint signal about 10 inches down. I had no idea what it was then and am still not sure if it is a belt buckle. It rings up at 5-7 on the Equinox 800, 6" coil, Park 2 setting. It was encrusted in rust so I did electrolysis on it and cleaned up rather well. No writing anywhere on it and it seems rather crude in design. it is pretty cool though. 021.jpg 022.jpg 027.jpg 028.jpg I guess I should have put something there for scale but I already took the pics. It's 4 1/4" x 2 1/2. Thanks for looking!

Upvote 10

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job on the cleanup, looks great. The beveled holes look to me like they would have had flat head screws that fit flush. Maybe it was attached to something made of wood.

OP
OP
Bodkin

Bodkin

Oct 9, 2017
Bold Coast & Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Blue Excal 1000, Enox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job on the cleanup, looks great. The beveled holes look to me like they would have had flat head screws that fit flush. Maybe it was attached to something made of wood.
I was thinking that too. I thought it could be a boot scraper for mud if one turned it pointy side up. But then all the luck would run out of the horse shoe so that didn't seem right. Still open to suggestions. Thanks.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Broken Hinge?

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice relic! :occasion14:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like it did screw into something wooden and has the horseshoe wasnt that a good luck charm the symbol. Cool find though can be fun to research if you like to research.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread