Weekend Hunts Produce 141 Coins

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IMG_0444.JPG IMG_0447.JPG I hunted a soccer field on Saturday and dug 36 clads worth $6.26 and on Sunday, Sue and I hunted a pair of old ball fields and dug a combined total of 105 clads worth $17.85

Upvote 25

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice going on your clad totals. Congrats!

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Ditto Hawks comments. Have you considered investing in silver or gold? Or just more batteries?

OP
OP
Clad2Silver

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice going on your clad totals. Congrats!
Thanks RVR...…...

That's a lot of coins, congrats on the big total & HH
Thanks Inspector...…..

It all adds up. Well done. Nice amount.
Thanks Hawks......our best clad day this year.

Ditto Hawks comments. Have you considered investing in silver or gold? Or just more batteries?
Thanks Tuberale…..I never use detecting finds for batteries. I save it all until the end of the hunt season and spend it on silver and/or gold coins. Been doing that since the 1980's.

Billieg

Jul 19, 2019
Deltona Fl
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro - Teknetics T2 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a lot of work for so little return. Congrats on digging them all....

OP
OP
Clad2Silver

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a lot of work for so little return. Congrats on digging them all....
Thanks for the congrats but it wasn't a lot of work at all......and I'd hardly call it a "little" return. It was the "Labor of love" as the saying goes. Exercise, fresh air, time with my girlfriend and hunt partner, dinner after the hunt, and a few more bucks to buy precious metal with at the end of the year.

Nice!!! Congrats!!!
Thanks Digger...…….our best clad hunt of the year so far.

Last edited:

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coin shootin is fun!!! no matter clad or not its fun!! Well done!!

OP
OP
Clad2Silver

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Coin shootin is fun!!! no matter clad or not its fun!! Well done!!

Thanks TC...…...we both had a good time....fun is what it's supposed to be about, and I totally agree with you......coinshooting is FUN.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree lots of fun plus you never know what you'll dig next is what I love you.ever think about the days where you find 10 or 20 in clad how much money just in clad is in the ground gotta be billions lol

OP
OP
Clad2Silver

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree lots of fun plus you never know what you'll dig next is what I love you.ever think about the days where you find 10 or 20 in clad how much money just in clad is in the ground gotta be billions lol
The amount of coins in the ground is mind boggling for sure, and it's being added to every single day.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sweat it seems like you will have found a million dollars by the end of the year LOL

OP
OP
Clad2Silver

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I sweat it seems like you will have found a million dollars by the end of the year LOL

Thanks BLK HOLE, Sue and I are working on it, but we might just fall a little short.:laughing7:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are some places I hunt where every swing is a coin but its in the middle of the Arboretum and most are clad but sometimes in some places you dont want to dig 1000 holes cause it could make a problem you dont want. lol

OP
OP
Clad2Silver

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There are some places I hunt where every swing is a coin but its in the middle of the Arboretum and most are clad but sometimes in some places you dont want to dig 1000 holes cause it could make a problem you dont want. lol
I'm with you on that one Tommy about not wanting to dig 1000 holes. Bad for the landscape and bad on the knees. We try to cut down on holes by ignoring signals in the iron and zinc area.

OP
OP
Clad2Silver

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice!!! My back hurts just looking at all that. Congrats!
Thanks Bodkin...….that hunt definitely gave us a workout.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread