I did well today at two beaches! - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree95Likes

Thread: I did well today at two beaches!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    Bryce-IL

Aug 2007
    Wherever Silver's Hidin'
    Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
    365 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    It's all about the fun for me. If it brings me peace and solace...that part alone is worth it's weight in gold.
    Msbeepbeep and Hawks88 like this.
    My field test of the Sunray X-5 coil is published in the May 2010 Issue of Western & Eastern Treasures.

My field test of the Sunray X-12 Coil is published in the June 2010 Issue of Western & Eastern Treasures.

My field test of the Coiltek 5x7 Coil is published in the July 2012 Issue of Western & Eastern Treasures.

My "Deep Coin" Explorer settings, and finds are published in Andy Sabisch's Minelab Explorer & E-Trac Handbook.

Here's the story of my BEST FIND EVERhttp://www.treasurenet.com/forums/be...find-ever.html

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola
    24002 times
    Banner Finds (7)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I like watching the gulls, terns, geese, buzzards, fish frenzy in the water, ospreys and others this week.
    Msbeepbeep likes this.

us
    May 2018
    Maryland
    White's MXT Tesoro Cibola Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
    2334 times
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeythecat View Post
    When I grab a horseshoe crab and set it back right in the bay or ocean, some of the looks I get from the hunks and hunkettes on the beach are priceless. Like "you're touching THAT?" I save every one I can.

Bunch of sissies! Men and women alike.
    Love that! My first open acts of defiance against adults was the rescue of horseshoe crabs as a young child. My father would take me with him surf fishing for striped bass on Cape Cod about 1960-65. I had a surf rod myself that he gave me when I was born - but I was too small to use it even up to about 8 or 9. But I walked the beach. The other surf fishermen hated horseshoe crabs because "they eat clams" and would stick them in the sand by their telsons (hard tail-like structure) to slowly die. I ran as far as I could and released every one of these gentle harmless creatures - all night. I knew I was right and ignored the threats, curses, etc by the surf fishermen. When they would block my path and challenged me, I gave it right back to them. I'd ask them "Do you know these are called living fossils?" "Do you know why?" "Do you even have enough intelligence to know their name is Limulus polyphemus?" Picture a young and more righteous Sheldon Cooper...For years, I fantasized about becoming a game warden to arrest these idiots, throw them in jail, etc. I dreamed about it. It affected me all my life. I never surf fished because I hated surf fishermen. I still have that 65 year old Shakespeare surf rod in the garage with an old Mitchell 306 on it - unused.
    Last edited by Megalodon; Sep 11, 2019 at 02:53 PM.

Always do right; this will gratify some and astonish the rest.
    - Mark Twain

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links