Western mass time warp part two

TreeFarm

Aug 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went back to yesterday’s site determined to swing slow and low in the iron. Four hours later I came up with these two items only after having an amazing day yesterday. The cherry picking is done. Now comes the work of removing all the iron..... and it’s an amazing omg amount of square nails and button heads.

Awesome visit to the site by Cheffer, who with his more experienced eye, called out the colonial passage that I found all the old stuff on. Cheers buddy!
The screw tap is newer but the rivet in leather reigns is old... as a newbie to the hobby..... I never find 200 year old leather with crotal bells, purses or anything else.... what’s up with the rivets preserving the leather?
552DD2B4-4E60-436B-8042-94878725321A.jpeg
C04D4F88-BAE9-444A-BE9D-143089B0366C.jpeg

Upvote 8

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The rivet might be copper. Copper salts leaching out of the rivet are deadly poison to the bacteria that would consume the leather. Gary

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice! Keep diggin for the good stuff

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Verdigris is the common name for a green pigment obtained through the application of acetic acid to copper plates or the natural patina formed when copper, brass or bronze is weathered and exposed to air or seawater over time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread