xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a great little hunt with the Silver Bandit on Sunday morning. We hit the park at 6:00am as the sun began to ascend! Yes! My kind of day! It started off kind of slowly for me with the Bandit finding silver before I could even finish my first hole. I ran out of batteries in my pinpointer and had to run to the bandit's car for a battery. Dumb dumb dumb! I returned and proceeded to find an 1897 IHP. Very nice. With some Andre's pencil love it cleaned up to be a nice even green beauty of a coin! My day was made but there were still some silvers to find! It went slowly from there as we wandered around this large grassy featureless park. It was about as boring as it gets for eye appeal but maybe that's why we were able to find stuff. Nowhere in site to go to the bathroom and it was the kind of place you'd get arrested for that kind of thing. Hold on buddy! Time was running out when I found a 44 merc, 46 rosie and then a 36 Washington in quick succession! I had to leave so it was a nice 3.5 hrs for me. The bandit went a while longer and found something like 9 silver dimes and the largest token I've ever seen and even a draped bust large cent. We don't know if it was old land or fill from somewhere else but it was amazing the amount of silver that was there... the city has been detected since forever so sometimes you get the feeling there is nothing left to find that others who have swung before us missed.

Next I went to a car show and found the most amazing metal detecting accessory! A must have for 2019 Xmas. A goat. Yes they had goats fenced in a portion of the outdoor park to eat the vegetation. It's a spot I've found a couple coins at so it got me thinking about returning in a couple weeks to detect there. I wish I could fence some goats in a some of the wooded areas I detect. They would work wonders as they eat pretty much everything in their path and leave the trees! The fence was electrified with a warning sign at some point. It didn't stop anyone (including me!) from eagerly grabbing onto it so see what it could do. It didn't shock me too much but I'm wondering if I got the full jolt? Thanks for reading and be nice to goats... hey could really help the sport! I love when people call it that! :headbang:

Attachments

• IMG_7242.JPG
    IMG_7242.JPG
    717.8 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_7235.JPG
    IMG_7235.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 92
Upvote 24

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! Congrats on a very productive hunt....never thought of goats before!

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And one thing about your machine. EMI should be no problems! I have even hunted under an electric fence (and found CW relics) with my Tesoros and Deus!

Goats can be a problem. They tend to try and steal your lunch and drink and sometimes if you are down on the ground, will use that as their foot warmer, or jumping block to get over the fence!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great day silver here is very scarce I need a day like that sounds like you had a blast and did very well keep rippin my friend. Tommy

Billieg

Jul 19, 2019
Deltona Fl
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro - Teknetics T2 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
6 am? I've been up at 6 am a few times to pee but really didn't open my eyes. Is the sun up?

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31โ€ Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
Gotta love the old Massachusetts city parks, weโ€™ve been killinโ€™ it lately. My buddy joe (heโ€™s a member here but it forget his user name) anyway, he got his first silver at the park I frequent, a 1920 SLQ. The stuff is there waiting to be beeped!! Great job!!

OP
OP
X

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
6 am? I've been up at 6 am a few times to pee but really didn't open my eyes. Is the sun up?

It's changing the sun is coming up later now. I usually wake up a 5:30. It took awhile to get used to but I love it. The downside. 9:00 pm I'm done.

OP
OP
X

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gotta love the old Massachusetts city parks, weโ€™ve been killinโ€™ it lately. My buddy joe (heโ€™s a member here but it forget his user name) anyway, he got his first silver at the park I frequent, a 1920 SLQ. The stuff is there waiting to be beeped!! Great job!!

Thanks. If you have patience the parks can reward. Man imagine if we could have hunted these parks even 20 years ago! It amazes me every time something turns up!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Billieg, for me most times it's 4 am. The cat dish is empty.

OP
OP
X

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And one thing about your machine. EMI should be no problems! I have even hunted under an electric fence (and found CW relics) with my Tesoros and Deus!

Goats can be a problem. They tend to try and steal your lunch and drink and sometimes if you are down on the ground, will use that as their foot warmer, or jumping block to get over the fence!

Smokey I didn't even think about joining the goats! You are on the next level of detecting awareness! Fences are just suggestions! Haha!

OP
OP
X

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great day silver here is very scarce I need a day like that sounds like you had a blast and did very well keep rippin my friend. Tommy

Will continue to rip Tommy. You should see the holes I make. Ripping would be the best adjective. Though I try my best to keep them tidy! haha!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread