Treasure Hiding in plain site
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Treasure Hiding in plain site

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Sep 2018
    Massachusetts
    Garrett AT Max
    2729 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Treasure Hiding in plain site

I had a great little hunt with the Silver Bandit on Sunday morning. We hit the park at 6:00am as the sun began to ascend! Yes! My kind of day! It started off kind of slowly for me with the Bandit finding silver before I could even finish my first hole. I ran out of batteries in my pinpointer and had to run to the bandit's car for a battery. Dumb dumb dumb! I returned and proceeded to find an 1897 IHP. Very nice. With some Andre's pencil love it cleaned up to be a nice even green beauty of a coin! My day was made but there were still some silvers to find! It went slowly from there as we wandered around this large grassy featureless park. It was about as boring as it gets for eye appeal but maybe that's why we were able to find stuff. Nowhere in site to go to the bathroom and it was the kind of place you'd get arrested for that kind of thing. Hold on buddy! Time was running out when I found a 44 merc, 46 rosie and then a 36 Washington in quick succession! I had to leave so it was a nice 3.5 hrs for me. The bandit went a while longer and found something like 9 silver dimes and the largest token I've ever seen and even a draped bust large cent. We don't know if it was old land or fill from somewhere else but it was amazing the amount of silver that was there... the city has been detected since forever so sometimes you get the feeling there is nothing left to find that others who have swung before us missed.

Next I went to a car show and found the most amazing metal detecting accessory! A must have for 2019 Xmas. A goat. Yes they had goats fenced in a portion of the outdoor park to eat the vegetation. It's a spot I've found a couple coins at so it got me thinking about returning in a couple weeks to detect there. I wish I could fence some goats in a some of the wooded areas I detect. They would work wonders as they eat pretty much everything in their path and leave the trees! The fence was electrified with a warning sign at some point. It didn't stop anyone (including me!) from eagerly grabbing onto it so see what it could do. It didn't shock me too much but I'm wondering if I got the full jolt? Thanks for reading and be nice to goats... hey could really help the sport! I love when people call it that!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7242.JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	1751375   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7235.JPG 
Views:	47 
Size:	4.06 MB 
ID:	1751376  

Charter Member
    Bryce-IL

Aug 2007
    Wherever Silver's Hidin'
    Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
    365 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Cool post, and great hunt! Lots of nice finds!
    My field test of the Sunray X-5 coil is published in the May 2010 Issue of Western & Eastern Treasures.

My field test of the Sunray X-12 Coil is published in the June 2010 Issue of Western & Eastern Treasures.

My field test of the Coiltek 5x7 Coil is published in the July 2012 Issue of Western & Eastern Treasures.

My "Deep Coin" Explorer settings, and finds are published in Andy Sabisch's Minelab Explorer & E-Trac Handbook.

Here's the story of my BEST FIND EVERhttp://www.treasurenet.com/forums/be...find-ever.html

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2017
    Northern Virginia
    AT MAX/AT PRO/Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
    4836 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Nice finds! Congrats on a very productive hunt....never thought of goats before!

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2017
    Northern Virginia
    AT MAX/AT PRO/Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
    4836 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfreak View Post
    Cool post, and great hunt! Lots of nice finds!
    That Sir is a damn fine looking dog!
    Joe-Dirt and xcopperstax like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola
    24004 times
    Banner Finds (7)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    And one thing about your machine. EMI should be no problems! I have even hunted under an electric fence (and found CW relics) with my Tesoros and Deus!

Goats can be a problem. They tend to try and steal your lunch and drink and sometimes if you are down on the ground, will use that as their foot warmer, or jumping block to get over the fence!
    A2coins, Joe-Dirt and xcopperstax like this.

Charter Member
    us
    secondstar

Mar 2017
    Massachusetts
    XP Deus, Minelab Equinox
    1610 times
    Metal Detecting
    Nice finds!
    A2coins, Joe-Dirt and xcopperstax like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    Equinox 800
    29469 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Great day silver here is very scarce I need a day like that sounds like you had a blast and did very well keep rippin my friend. Tommy

Approved TreasureNet Stickers

.:: $3.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::.
    .:: $2.25 for 1" x 4" Detector Sticker ::.
    (Free Shipping)

SEE: TreasureNet Bumper Stickers

us
    Jul 2019
    Deltona Fl
    AT-Pro - Teknetics T2 LTD
    509 times
    6 am? I've been up at 6 am a few times to pee but really didn't open my eyes. Is the sun up?
    Looking for a hunting buddy in or around Deltona Fl.

us
    Randy

Aug 2017
    SW Missouri/Oklahoma
    Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800
    9884 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!
    Joe-Dirt and xcopperstax like this.
    What would life be without challenges, and detecting of course.....

Charter Member
    us
    Bob

Jan 2018
    Central Massachusetts
    Minelab Equinox 600, AT max, AT pro, 8 coils, 2 Garrett carrots, 2 trash barrels (full) and some dull shovels.
    4408 times
    Coin shooting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Gotta love the old Massachusetts city parks, we’ve been killin’ it lately. My buddy joe (he’s a member here but it forget his user name) anyway, he got his first silver at the park I frequent, a 1920 SLQ. The stuff is there waiting to be beeped!! Great job!!
    xcopperstax likes this.
    “I was a kid once, but I wasn’t very good at it”

us
    Sep 2018
    Massachusetts
    Garrett AT Max
    2729 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Billieg View Post
    6 am? I've been up at 6 am a few times to pee but really didn't open my eyes. Is the sun up?
    It's changing the sun is coming up later now. I usually wake up a 5:30. It took awhile to get used to but I love it. The downside. 9:00 pm I'm done.
    Joe-Dirt likes this.

us
    Sep 2018
    Massachusetts
    Garrett AT Max
    2729 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe-Dirt View Post
    Gotta love the old Massachusetts city parks, we’ve been killin’ it lately. My buddy joe (he’s a member here but it forget his user name) anyway, he got his first silver at the park I frequent, a 1920 SLQ. The stuff is there waiting to be beeped!! Great job!!
    Thanks. If you have patience the parks can reward. Man imagine if we could have hunted these parks even 20 years ago! It amazes me every time something turns up!
    Joe-Dirt likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola
    24004 times
    Banner Finds (7)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Billieg, for me most times it's 4 am. The cat dish is empty.
    xcopperstax and Joe-Dirt like this.

us
    Sep 2018
    Massachusetts
    Garrett AT Max
    2729 times
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeythecat View Post
    And one thing about your machine. EMI should be no problems! I have even hunted under an electric fence (and found CW relics) with my Tesoros and Deus!

Goats can be a problem. They tend to try and steal your lunch and drink and sometimes if you are down on the ground, will use that as their foot warmer, or jumping block to get over the fence!
    Smokey I didn't even think about joining the goats! You are on the next level of detecting awareness! Fences are just suggestions! Haha!
    Joe-Dirt likes this.

us
    Sep 2018
    Massachusetts
    Garrett AT Max
    2729 times
    Quote Originally Posted by A2coins View Post
    Great day silver here is very scarce I need a day like that sounds like you had a blast and did very well keep rippin my friend. Tommy

Will continue to rip Tommy. You should see the holes I make. Ripping would be the best adjective. Though I try my best to keep them tidy! haha!
    Joe-Dirt likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links